QuickJack owner questions on extra lift

mikes35

Established Member
The 5000 lb model will work, I got the 7000 lb model and extensions so I could use on my other vehicles. The extensions are too long for the GT500.

RRGT500

Established Member
2014 GT500 here. Get the BL-5000EXT

I got the QuickJack BL-5000SLX open box at discount then had to get the SLX frame extension to make it an EXT
Notes: The normal 5000SLX is not long enough to match the jack points on the pinch weld. I have the Roush side splitters and had to get the ZL1 Addon Jack Pads for Roush. Jack Pads are magnetic to the pinch weld then the smaller block from QuicJack works very well. I originally used the SLX and taller QuickJack block and lifted on the subframe next to the pinch weld but wanted to keep it lifted in the winter so I went with the EXT to lift from the recommended jack points in the pinch weld.

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
2014 GT500 here. Get the BL-5000EXT

I got the QuickJack BL-5000SLX open box at discount then had to get the SLX frame extension to make it an EXT
Notes: The normal 5000SLX is not long enough to match the jack points on the pinch weld. I have the Roush side splitters and had to get the ZL1 Addon Jack Pads for Roush. Jack Pads are magnetic to the pinch weld then the smaller block from QuicJack works very well. I originally used the SLX and taller QuickJack block and lifted on the subframe next to the pinch weld but wanted to keep it lifted in the winter so I went with the EXT to lift from the recommended jack points in the pinch weld.
Could you post a pic of your setup? I have the ZL1 jack pads as well.

PM-Performance

Established Member
@RRGT500 , I keep mine on the frame rails inside the pinchwelds. I kept my car up all winded with no issues.
I was tempted to try the zl1 pads at one point but I do not think the regular quickjacks will reach them.
Not to mention it looks like the price over doubled. I could have sworn those things were like $30 6 months ago.

RRGT500

Established Member
I will get a picture up later today.

I probably could have gotten by on the frame rails with the 5000SLX and saved alot of money. I did get the "normal" Mustang Universal ZL1 pads but they were not deep enough due to the Roush Rocker Splitters to I had to return them and get the Roush Mustang Premium version that I should have ordered in the first place. Yes, they were not cheap... $41 each but 20% off on all four

mdoan

Established Member
I bought the 7000XL so they'd also work on my wife's Armada. They work perfectly on my 2010 Shelby. Whatever you get, it needs to be long enough to reach both pinch welds, as the 7000XL does.

The first time I used them I only lined up the rear pinch welds, and the front seams damn near cut through the entire rubber blocks (tall blocks). Granted it was up for a few days waiting on a late parts delivery, but that should be expected in product design.

Once I lined all blocks up under the pinch welds, no cutting at all.

PM-Performance

Established Member
They do not need to be the longer model. It just won’t line up with the proper pinch welds. I do not even use mine on the pinch welds as those blocks compress a little too much for my liking on the pinchwelds

mdoan

Established Member
To each their own, but I much prefer deformation over cutting. It's simple pressure - lb/sqin. If half the weight of the car is sitting on a knife edge, it's going to cut eventually.

DEEZBLUBALLZ

Established Member
I have the 7000lb one, just jacked it up on the frame rail

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 161

Users who are viewing this thread