Quick update on fuel situation.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Looks like it just hit the fan...they have shut off the tap from Louisiana due to power concerns. See below. E-mail address forwarded for authenticity, please do not contact Kerry...I am sure she is getting absolutely bombarded.

>>From: [email protected]
>>[mailto:[email protected]]
>>Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 10:20 AM
>>Subject: Update on Supply for TA Network
>>
>>
>>To All,
>>
>>Here is the latest update we have on our locations from our supply
>>department. This is as of 9:00 AM EST. Please keep in mind that the
>>situation in the Southeast is changing by the hour and we will keep you as
>>updated as possible. Information flowing from the area due to Katrina is
>>limited so we are doing the best we can to keep everything as updated as
>>possible.
>>
>>Here are some locations and the status of the fuel as of 9:00 AM today:
>>* NASHVILLE, TN: I-24, JAMES ROBERTSON PKWY @ EXIT 48. ACCESS LOC # 5041. OUT OF FUEL.
>>* ANTIOCH, TN: I-24 @ EXIT 62. ACCESS LOC# 768. OUT OF FUEL.
>>* FRANKLIN, TN: I-65 @ EXIT 61. ACCESS LOC# 706. OUT OF FUEL.
>>* HURRICANE, WV: I-64 @ EXIT 39. ACCESS LOC# 198. OUT OF FUEL.
>>* ASHLAND, VA: I-95 & RT54 @ EXIT 92. ACCESS LOC# 5045. LOW ON FUEL 100 GALLON ALLOCATION PER TRANSACTION.
>>* RICHMOND, VA: I-95 @ EXIT 89. ACCESS LOC# 210. LOW ON FUEL 100 GALLON ALLOCATION PER TRANSACTION.
>>* ROANOKE, VA: I-81 & US 220 @ EXIT 150. ACCESS LOC# 5046. 100 GALLON ALLOCATION PER TRANSACTION.
>>* WYTHEVILLE,VA: I-77, EXIT 41. ACCESS LOC# 217. 100 GALLON ALLOCATION PER TRANSACTION.
>>* SPARTANBURG, SC: I-85 & SR290 @ EXIT 63. ACCESS LOC# 5039. 50 GALLON ALLOCATION PER TRANSACTION.
>>* ATLANTA, GA: I-285E, EXIT 53, HWY 160. ACCESS LOC # 5010. 50 GALLON ALLOCATION PER TRANSACTION.
>>* MADISON, GA: I-20 & US 441 @ EXIT 114. ACCESS LOC # 676. 50 GALLON ALLOCATION PER TRANSACTION.
>>* MERIDIAN, MS: I-20 & I-59 @ EXIT 160. ACCESS LOC # 756. 50 GALLON ALLOCATION PER TRANSACTION.
>>* MATTHEWS, MO: I-55 & HIGHWAY 80 @ EXIT 58. ACCESS LOC # 701. 50 GALLON ALLOCATION PER TRANSACTION.
>>* CARTERSVILLE, GA: I-75 @ EXIT 296. ACCESS LOC # 5071. 50 GALLON ALLOCATION PER TRANSACTION.
>>* CORDELE, GA: I-75 @ EXIT 97. ACCESS LOC # 5080. 50 GALLON ALLOCATION PER TRANSACTION.
>>* COMMERCE, GA: I-85 & US 441 @ EXIT 149. ACCESS LOC # 677. 50 GALLON ALLOCATION PER TRANSACTION
>>* MANNING, SC: I-95 & SR 261 @ EXIT 119. ACCESS LOC # 213. LOW ON FUEL 50 GALLON ALLOCATION PER TRANSACTION.
>>* WHITESTOWN, IN: I-65 STATE ROAD 334 @ EXIT 130. ACCESS LOC # 306. 100 GALLON ALLOCATION PER TRANSACTION.
>>* EDINBURG, TX: 8301 NORTH HIGHWAY 281. ACCESS LOC # 5085. LOW ON FUEL 100 GALLON ALLOCATION PER TRANSACTION.
>>* MOBILE, AL: I-10 @ EXIT 4. ACCESS LOC # 778. LOCATION OUT OF SERVICE DUE TO KATRINA.
>>* SLIDELL, LA: I-10 @ EXIT 266. ACCESS LOC # 725. LOCATION OUT OF SERVICE DUE TO KATRINA.
>>
>>This is the update as of now. If there are any questions please contact
>>me. I will update as I receive information.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Kerry

NC03BlkSnake

Learn to Swim
Established Member
There have also been numerous reports around Charlotte, NC that stations are running out and 87 Octane has hit $3.50 a gallon. Kind of reminds me of what happened directly after 9/11. Gouging at it's best.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Eh

http://www.local10.com/news/4918480/detail.html

Net Rumor Sparks Frantic Gas Grab

POSTED: 7:46 am EDT August 31, 2005
UPDATED: 12:20 pm EDT August 31, 2005

SOUTH FLORIDA -- A bogus e-mail rumor sparked a run on South Florida gas stations Tuesday night that left at least one station dry.

Local 10 News received numerous calls from viewers saying that the e-mail said gas stations would close at midnight and remained closed two to three days. Local 10 News confirmed that the rumor is false.

#
SURVEY: Did You Get The E-Mail?

However, many people beleived the bogus e-mail. Long lines, dozens of cars deep in some cases, were seen in Miami-Dade County at the Hess gas station at 199th St. and Northwest 27th Avenue, the Racetrac gas station at 206th and Northwest 27th Avenue and the BP station at 199th Street and Northwest 37th Avenue. By 1:30 a.m., managers at one of the stations said they had run out of gas. However, they did receive a new shipment this morning at 10 a.m.

If you have any questions about rumors you hear in the wake of Katrina, Miami-Dade County officials have set up a rumor control number. It is (305) 579-1800. Broward County also has a hotline set up. That number is (954) 831-4000.

Officials Have Urged Sensible Use Of Gas

It's not yet known how the rumor started, but it's possible it was an exaggeration of statements made Tuesday regarding possible gas shortages in certain areas of the state.

State officials reminded Floridians that gasoline may be in short supply because of the Gulf of Mexico production lost in Hurricane Katrina. South Florida does get the majority of its gas supply from Gulf Coast refineries.

Officials said that there was plenty of gasoline in the state and companies are making plans to get it from the northeast and overseas.

But Lt. Gov. Toni Jennings said there still could be some areas that run short.

Jennings said people shouldn't cancel travel plans for the Labor Day weekend, but they need to be careful about doing pointless driving around.

Jennings added that people don't need to hoard gasoline, but should plan carefully in the next couple weeks because some gas stations may run out of fuel and have a hard time getting it replenished.

Could be related, just more sinister people trying to steal your money.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
crew_dawg16 said:
Whatever, why do people care so much? It would be a great excuse to miss work.
Without a job, you can't pay for fuel anyway. :pop:

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Before I posted I verified that indeed a sample of stations on that list have run out of fuel. No rumor.

Release from the SPR may stem the hemorrhage but only temporarily. All my vehicles are topped up, and I'm off to buy groceries later this evening after rush hour. Panicky...not really. I've saved a buck a gallon on fuel so far with the spike...and yes I have it as opposed to those who do not.

An excuse to stay home...haha. There are all sorts of people in this economy whose presence at work is required daily. Can't possibly take that comment seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread