quick T-stat question. Will it work?

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
Hey fellas,

Truck recently threw a P0125 code when I was on the freeway. Engine temps looked fine and I had no troubles driving it in -30. It was my 1st time on the freeway since winter. :shrug:

I have since cleared the code and it has not returned.

Anywho, I was about to replace the T-stat to begin trouble shooting. Will this T-stat work?

Stock is on the left.
IMG_0105.jpg

Thanks.

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Looks like it's the same piece.. just different mechanism to engage it.. I assume it's an aftermarket part?

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
Ya the replacement is an aftermarket one. It is a Motorad t-stat and it came with the LFP power package. It is also Rated at 180*. I just wasn't sure about the bottom spring mechanism.

thanks

Taunto

Established Member
Hey man.. How them Tires workin for ya for winter? Get my tune on May 4th at tecmotions. Anyway I get the Same code in the fall when i run my truck in the fall and have the heater going. to be honest i wouldnt worry about it.. or just have your heater on till ur engine temp drops a little bit.. then turn it off... then turn it back on in a little bit.... But then again i do have a 170 t-stat in my truck.

Give me a txt sometime in may.. it be nice to go for a crusie sometime.

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
May 4th eh. Too bad that's on a Monday or else I would meet u at tecmotion. As for the tires, they are doing good. I am currently getting my stockers powder coated black & I should have them back by next week.

I'll def be up for a cruise. Warm weather is right around the corner :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread