Quick Recommendation: Alternator amp size and what company

ATFPat

Established Member
I've searched and found older treads. Just curious what the better alternator and what size amp to run. I read that there is a seller on Ebay thats pretty good but I have not been able to locate him.

Looking to change out my alternator. My Cobra broke down with smoke coming out of the alternator so it's about time lol. Also, battery light was flickering.

Cobras pretty much stock other than a pulley on the blower. Read online that the stock 130amp should be upgraded since its on the lower end of voltage for the cobra.

Link or company name appreciated!

Thanks!!!!!

ATFPat

Established Member
Damn, yea looking online it seemed to jump all across the board. I may just order one through AM that's a higher amp and hope. I def. want to stay away from remandufactured. I've read enough that the ones through ford seem to be junk.

Last edited:

ATFPat

Established Member
I may just order one through AM and pick up a PA Performance one. The ones through the dealership are all remanufactured .......

Ill have to check into Nations! I appreciate the response.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Older threads? Last week not good enough? Subject has been beat to death. Nations and Mechman are the latest and greatest currently being real world "tested". I say tested as others have been promising as well only to have the same issues as OE once the mileage piled up.

Users who are viewing this thread