quick question

Mits3gts

Established Member
ok i must say i love this site,even though i dont have a stang {yet},i really would like to get a 03 cobra,but dont think i can afford one,so i am thinking about getting a GT,what mods would i have to do to keep up and possibly beat a stock 98 T/A,my buddy has one and is pretty quick.just debating on getting one or not,,,decisions-decisions.. by the way i have a 2003 eclipse gts and have beaten several newer GT's,must have been stock,mostly highway runs..thanks for any and all input

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Welcome to the site, Mits3gts. Don't know much about the '03 Eclipse, but I do know I was smoked by a hybrid TD06-20G DSM a few weeks back. S-m-o-k-e-d from a dig...

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
[Where are my manners?]
Willkommen! Dábro pazhálovatch'! Karibu! Bienvenido! Swaagatam! Merhaba! Ni hao! Welcome!

Mits3gts

Established Member
i think maybe i confused you guys,i just bought the eclipse,but i want more....i would like to get a 03 cobra,but cant afford one right now,so i've been looking at the 03 GT's,what mods would i have to do to keep up with a newer T/A,automatic,stock..thanks for the info,i just love the stance of the mustangs

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
So you are looking for accumulated variable x: '03 GT + x > '??-'02 Firehawk...?

NastyWS6

Established Member
Just some minor bolt on's and being able to out drive the TA you will win. If it is a good driver it will be close.

Mits3gts

Established Member
really? just some minor bolt-on's,,sounds good to me,,i absulutly love the stance of the new mustangs,wish i had not bought the shitsubishi,its not a bad car,but something about the mustang,everytime i see one i just fall for them even more and more..

Mits3gts

Established Member
ok sorry to bother you guys again,but i was just reading that STOCK 98-99 T/A's put down around 310hp,and 320tq at the wheels on automatic trans.,,,,what would i get with the 03 GT with just minor bolt on's,5 speed..thanks again

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Welcome to the site! Depending on how much money you have, you could put a S/C on it and you would embarass your friend. That would set you back about 3 grand, depending on the S/C. If not that route, to beat him you would get pulleys, CAI, timing adjuster, gears, and exhaust. With those mods, it should be a VERY close race, plus i think you would win. If not, get heads, intake, cam, and you will SMOKE him.

Andrew

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Mits3gts
i think maybe i confused you guys,i just bought the eclipse,but i want more....i would like to get a 03 cobra,but cant afford one right now,so i've been looking at the 03 GT's,what mods would i have to do to keep up with a newer T/A,automatic,stock..thanks for the info,i just love the stance of the mustangs

Sell the Mitsu and buy an 03 Cobra.;-)

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
by the way i have a 2003 eclipse gts and have beaten several newer GT's,must have been stock,mostly highway runs..thanks for any and all input

Is your Eclipse stock? If so I am surprised you have beaten many GT's. I haven't lost to one of the newer V6 Eclispe yet. But I have been beaten by a modded 4cyl. DSM (previous body style). Even stock the AWD Turbo models were quick. Neither of which could handle an '03 Cobra....

Mits3gts

Established Member
no my eclipse isnt stock,i do have a few things done to it...i wish i could afford the cobra,but dont think thats gonna happen anytime soon...

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
no my eclipse isnt stock,i do have a few things done to it...i wish i could afford the cobra,but dont think thats gonna happen anytime soon...

I know how you feel....:whine: Everytime I talk about spending large amounts of cash it get's shot down by my fiance' about needing that money for the wedding. DAMN!

I guess I will have to wait and buy an '05 Stang.

Users who are viewing this thread