quick question

ninee3cobra

#2088 Snake
Established Member
i have a completly stock 93 cobra, and im planning on doing a lil tune up on the car, doing the whole oil change spark plugs, sp wires. i have some autolite spark plugs and well my question is what should i gap my spark plugs? is it 35

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
.52-.56 is on the newer cars.

I would have to look at the sticker under the hood to know for sure, is your emissions sticker still under your hood ?

SVT Fun

Established Member
ninee3cobra said:
i have a completly stock 93 cobra, and im planning on doing a lil tune up on the car, doing the whole oil change spark plugs, sp wires. i have some autolite spark plugs and well my question is what should i gap my spark plugs? is it 35

Subjective opinion tempered with a little sentiment....the original motorcraft awsf32c plug recommended for the Cobra is a colder plug as it is also used on some 4 cylinder engines. The standard 5.0L plug in that year is the asf42 motorcraft plug. I now use autolite 764's as the awsf32c is no longer available from Ford, UNLESS you can find a dealership or motorcraft specialty supplier that has them on hand. But I digress..., with experimenting with the plug gap I have found the optimal gap for a naturally aspirated 93 Cobra engine to be 42 to 44 thousandths. So far as performance and gas mileage is concerned this gap seems to agree with my car's engine the best. However, feel free to be a scientific explorer and experiment with the gap range. Recently observed my best fuel economy to date in the Corba with 25.7 mpg. Given this high economy is not always realized the Cobra has been averaging a solid 23+mpg. My apologies for the verbose rejoinder to the question.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
SVT Fun said:
as the awsf32c is no longer available from Ford, UNLESS you can find a dealership or motorcraft specialty supplier that has them on hand.

The AWSF-32C plug is still available, it's just been converted to the new Motorcraft part# SP-444. Same plug, new part#.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
SVT Fun said:
..., with experimenting with the plug gap I have found the optimal gap for a naturally aspirated 93 Cobra engine to be 42 to 44 thousandths. So far as performance and gas mileage is concerned this gap seems to agree with my car's engine the best. .

.045 is the stock plug gap for our cars.

.055 was the stock plug gap on the standard 5.0 h.o

Users who are viewing this thread