quick question before i call you Van.

brandonflood123

Established Member
so you messaged me before about using your heat exchanger over others. this may seem like a dumb question but im new to the aspirated world of cars. will upgrading the heat exchanger be beneficial to me with a stock set up(for now) or would i be better off waiting to upgrade untill i have more mods. i mean i know obviously its going to be better then my stock heat exchanger but how much better/ beneficial is it with nothing done to my car yet.

ZX6Ray

Established Member
The biggest advantage is that air is constantly flowing through the aftermarket HE even when you are stopped and idling in traffic whereas the stock setup does not do this. It also has a significant fluid capacity over stock as well. These cars lose considerable amounts of horsepower when timing is retarded due to the higher temperatures reached in the blower. You will notice it a lot more in the warmer temperatures whereas in the colder months it won't make much of a difference. I have one on mine and if you drop a sheet of paper in front of the grill it will get stuck from the dual fans trying to pull it through! IMO it should be the first mod followed by a tune/pulley/intake.

Last edited:

brandonflood123

Established Member
The biggest advantage is that air is constantly flowing through the aftermarket HE even when you are stopped and idling in traffic whereas the stock setup does not do this. It also has a significant fluid capacity over stock as well. These cars lose considerable amounts of horsepower when timing is retarded due to the higher temperatures reached in the blower. You will notice it a lot more in the warmer temperatures whereas in the colder months it won't make much of a difference. I have one on mine and if you drop a sheet of paper in front of the grill it will get stuck from the dual fans trying to pull it through! IMO it should be the first mod followed by a tune/pulley/intake.

ahhh i see, i suppose this is something i need to invest in.

brandonflood123

Established Member
Bill me later! Pay it off in 6 months or suffer the consequences of high interest charges! lol

haha would be nice but dont want another bill to keep track of. i wonder if theres a cheaper way of doing it, i already have a set of the slim fans at my house doing nothing, i wonder if i could order his withough the fans and make a wireharness myself using his wiring diagram. and parts if that would be cheaper, but im sure it would be easier to just buy his complete one

ZX6Ray

Established Member
haha would be nice but dont want another bill to keep track of. i wonder if theres a cheaper way of doing it, i already have a set of the slim fans at my house doing nothing, i wonder if i could order his withough the fans and make a wireharness myself using his wiring diagram. and parts if that would be cheaper, but im sure it would be easier to just buy his complete one

Ebay/craigslist or you can become a forum vulcher... eating up parts at the expense of some poor individual selling his car!

Van@RevanRacing

I dont' sell my heat exchanger kits without fans and wiring harnesses.

However if you do call me I'll see what I can do to help a little on the price.

Give me a shout.

Van
561-445-7702

Users who are viewing this thread