Quick Night Shoot

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
Decided to take the car out of the garage for the first time since Knotts and snap some shots before changing the setup. Ran out of light so I ended up using 2 iphone 4 LED's to light up the cars. Really could have used a filter on the lights to eliminate streaking but whatever. Pics are unedited.

My car is the white GT, other car is my friend's S281 that he recently bought

DSC00575.jpg

DSC00573.jpg

DSC00577.jpg

DSC00579.jpg

DSC00584.jpg

Engine shot
DSC00497.jpg

Quick pic during the day
DSC00553.jpg

Last edited:

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
The Saleen will be getting some attention shortly. I will be trading his stock springs with mine. Going to just cut the stockers for now. He needs new center caps for the his authentic saleen's then he already plans on getting the grille delete. My car will be on jack stands soon as well. Detroit TrueTrac, 31 spline axles, and new gears are going in along with a diff cover, and relocated upper control arms. Getting this car ready for some track fun.

Stanger00

Established Member
You get the boxes welded up?

Going to have to get our 2 valves lined up at the track when our cars are ready. Should be interesting to see how my 3200 stalled 4r70w does against your shifting with the T-56.

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
You get the boxes welded up?

Going to have to get our 2 valves lined up at the track when our cars are ready. Should be interesting to see how my 3200 stalled 4r70w does against your shifting with the T-56.

I just placed the order for the Torque box kit about 2 days ago. I'll be taking care of that once the 8.8 is out for rebuild. Still need to order my relocated uppers though. Shit is getting expensive. Will probably run this setup at the track through September then I may be parting ways with the car. We'll see though.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I love seeing the airplane in the background in the 1st pic. Did you use a flash to add light around the cars or where you parked under a streetlamp?

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
I love seeing the airplane in the background in the 1st pic. Did you use a flash to add light around the cars or where you parked under a streetlamp?

The lighting effect actually comes from the idea of painting light. People usually use a long shutter speed and then literally paint streams of light with led's or glow sticks. In this situation the location we parked was PITCH BLACK. The majority of the pics were shot past 9pm so it was definitely dark. Basically just a camera on a tripod with a 30 second shutter speed, then both of us would take our iphone's and make sure to cover every inch of the car with the LED light. In the end the car becomes lit up as if it had studio lighting and we never show up. You can see us in some of the pics, usually in a larger location we can place the tripod further and move faster around the car and nothing will show. Love the technique and as you can see it makes for some crazy shots in the dark.

This is another example. I shot this in my garage with the door closed and all lights off. Simply painting light onto the body with I think a 20 seconds exposure. Technically that engine shot I posted was in a pitch black garage as well.

528424_10150657322013660_590398659_9194444_1391701201_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread