Questions on Tire spin and clutch slipping with nos

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Ok there's tons of info on nos and such but I would like to know how the stop p-zero 19 inch tires do on the street with a 100 shot or less , I know they dead hook now but I only have a procal and axle back , Also I've read about blowers and clutches but how are the stock clutches holding up with 100 shot or less ? Just curious about if a person wanted to take a basically stock 5.0 and run a 75 or 100 shot how it would do ? I know over time things will wear out e.g. Tires an clutch , but I'm speaking on a situation where upgraded parts would be an absolute necessity to spray the car

alex12gt

Established Member
Its not called nos and if you call it that you shouldnt be near it..... nos is a brand, nitrous is what you use.....

1.you arnt dead hooking on stock tires.....but if you want to dont want to spin id suggest new tires

2.the clutch will be just fine im push 600hp on the stock clutch so with a 100 shot you will be just fine

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Nos

Your funny ! You shouldn't assume something about sOmeone because of their terminology , my 03 made 705/823 with a 57 jet (dry shot) that was my 4th setup on the car , I started with a 75 wet kit made 574/643 then a kenne bell 2.2 which made 605/565 then a whipple 3.4 that made 768/679 , I sold it about 2 months ago , I'm starting new with the 5.0 so I don't know much about them , and nos stands for nitrous oxide system which is what I was referring to not a particular brand , thanks for the info though

01bluesnake

Established Member
You wont be able to run the Nitrous kit with the Procal, you will need a different tune and tuning device to properly correct fuel and adjust timing for it. I doubt you are hooking on stock tires unless you are leaving on traction control, which is still going to let them spin some in first. You need to get at least a set of drag radials out back.

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Nos

I have a Lund tune in the mail , I'm fully aware that my procal would not be sufficient , I've been on the Dyno in upwards of 50 times , and I am absolutely dead hooking in second with trac off , I would never race with it on , as a matter of fact it's the first thing I had them turn off on my 03 before I went to SRA , jeez you guys are a tough crowd here about the nitrous terminology , I'm sorry but I was hiding NOS bottles in speaker boxes before most of you kids had your drivers license and I don't even know anybody who owns a civic lol

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Race

Here's my 03 on the Dyno , built motor, stage 3 cams ,posi race port , return less fuel triple hat setup , long tubes full exhaust , IRS , e85 , with a 57 jet dry shot , car made 570/525 blower only , Dyno screen shows 691 but it spun and when he corrected the screen it actually made 705
03 cobra on the dyno - YouTube

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Nos

No one for any more nos comments ??? I was hoping with all the people on this forum I would find a couple courteous people who could comment on their experience with they're nitrous setups and how good there traction was with street tires , if any have ran their cars that way

01bluesnake

Established Member
No one for any more nos comments ??? I was hoping with all the people on this forum I would find a couple courteous people who could comment on their experience with they're nitrous setups and how good there traction was with street tires , if any have ran their cars that way

Before you go all butt hurt, you never specified dead hook in 2nd, you just stated "I know they dead hook now but I only have a procal and axle back". So out of your vague description, it sounds like you meant from a launch, but i guess you like roll racing. With a 100 shot, stock tires don't stand a chance, like i already said, you need drag radials unless you like spinning at anything under 60. Probably the same reason your '03 needed 3 people weighing it down on the dyno, buy some drag radials.

So far all i gathered from this thread is vague descriptions, NOS, Roll racing, and You know more than everyone else, but yet are asking basic questions :dw:

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Before you go all butt hurt, you never specified dead hook in 2nd, you just stated "I know they dead hook now but I only have a procal and axle back". So out of your vague description, it sounds like you meant from a launch, but i guess you like roll racing. With a 100 shot, stock tires don't stand a chance, like i already said, you need drag radials unless you like spinning at anything under 60. Probably the same reason your '03 needed 3 people weighing it down on the dyno, buy some drag radials.

So far all i gathered from this thread is vague descriptions, NOS, Roll racing, and You know more than everyone else, but yet are asking basic questions :dw:

There was actually 6 people counting the tuner , and you assume a car with 823rwtq didn't have drag radials......lol , and obviously I don't know much about my new car , knew plenty about my cobra and tuning , and nobody's "butt hurt" I just dislikes the assumption that I was an idiot that owned a civic because I said "nos" instead of "nitrous" , and you are correct I should have stated that I roll race to clear up the "dead hooking" comment , maybe you could suggest some tires that will fit my factory rims , as I don't want to switch tires every time I race

01bluesnake

Established Member
If your looking at running a stock 19x9, you won't find a radial unless you step up to at least a 10" in back, or go down to a 18". Are you running premium 19" wheels, or Brembo wheels? AM makes a 18x10" stock style Knock off, but would allow a better DR in back to run a radial. You need to do a wheel size change in back, or you can watch for the M/T comp tire they are coming out with in a 255 size that will fit the stock 19x9 wheels.

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Tires

Thanks for the info , I do have the brembo wheels and I don't want to change them , I've done some research and I can actually get my factory wheels widened by one inch to the inside for $450 , seems high but I absolutely like the stock wheels , so I'm either gonna do that or wait for the new tires you spoke about

01bluesnake

Established Member
Thanks for the info , I do have the brembo wheels and I don't want to change them , I've done some research and I can actually get my factory wheels widened by one inch to the inside for $450 , seems high but I absolutely like the stock wheels , so I'm either gonna do that or wait for the new tires you spoke about

I'm in the same boat with the Brembo wheels. I like them, but wish they were wider, just don't feel like spending cost to widen plus how much the 19" radials are. I was thinking of going over to a gt500 wheel setup as they are a .5" wider and would then get the M/T 305 comfortably.

Users who are viewing this thread