Questions for those of you that use the eboost2

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I want to set it up with two boost groups. Boost group 1, I want to run at 8psi. Boost group 2, I want to run at 11.5psi. I have been dicking around in the menu for awhile and I have it set to externally switch to boost group 2. I'm going to mount a momentary switch somewhere and use that to switch between boost groups. As per the manual, I have the green wire extended and ready to use with a momentary switch.

Question 1: When switching boost groups externally, will it automatically go back to boost group 1 when I let go of the momentary switch? (remove ground)
Question 2: Is this plan stupid?

Before you guys hammer me answering question 2. My car is mainly run on the street. Even on a full slick, once I launch the car and am out of the prep, 11psi is just too much boost to keep the tires planted on some of the shitty roads we run on. I'm thinking with this setup, I can get out of the hole and then bring in another 100hp once i got the car moving. Thoughts?

SGcoyote

Established Member
It seems more like the ramp rate is to high, what kinda do your settings look like

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
It seems more like the ramp rate is to high, what kinda do your settings look like

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

When I posted this, I had just installed the eboost2 and was looking for input on how to run the different boost groups. As far as blowing the tires off, that was all on my previous setup which just a hallman manual controller. I had it set to 11psi and with the twin 60's, it got there pretty quick.
I did a bunch of testing today and I think I have it down. I have boost group 1 set just above srping pressure and then a momentary switch to activate group 2 which I have set to 11psi for now. It's awesome!! As soon as I know I have the car hooked, I press the button and the car just keep on pulling. I'm happy with it. I still have to data log this and send it off to my tuner and see what he thinks about it, but so far so good

Doug1227

Established Member
The EBoost has several different boost switching methods. What you're describing is their Switch Logic SSA (Sequential Switching function A).

SSA (Sequential switching function A): Allows you to sequentially switch between different boost settings. This switch logic could be
applied in a situation where you want to have a different boost level in each gear.
 Earthing the green wire with a switch will scroll up a single set point.
 Earthing the green wire again will switch up another single set point.
 The maximum number of set points that can be switch up to is determined by nSP in the setup menu.
 Once the maximum set point is reached through switching further switching not increase the set point any higher.
 Earthing orange wire with a switch will reset and return to SP1.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
The EBoost has several different boost switching methods. What you're describing is their Switch Logic SSA (Sequential Switching function A).

SSA (Sequential switching function A): Allows you to sequentially switch between different boost settings. This switch logic could be
applied in a situation where you want to have a different boost level in each gear.
 Earthing the green wire with a switch will scroll up a single set point.
 Earthing the green wire again will switch up another single set point.
 The maximum number of set points that can be switch up to is determined by nSP in the setup menu.
 Once the maximum set point is reached through switching further switching not increase the set point any higher.
 Earthing orange wire with a switch will reset and return to SP1.

Not quite. I just created 2 set points and set the eboost to switch externally. SP2 is reached by grounding the green wire (my momentary swtich) As soon as I remove that ground, (release momentary switch) it goes back to SP1. You're going one step deeper into the setting menu, and you can't boost by gear in an auto.

Doug1227

Established Member
Last edited:

Doug1227

Established Member
SL SSA allows you to start with one set point, and every time you ground the green it goes to the next setpoint. Orange resets. I have more than one setting.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Time delay no good for what you're looking to do?
I didn't even want to try and mess with the time delay. I like it the way I have it. It took awhile to get it set right, but I think I have it dialed in. Boost comes in nice and smooth on the first set point, but still quick enough to get the car out of the hole in a hurry. Once I have the car hooked, I press the button and get the rest of it. Good times

Users who are viewing this thread