Questions for 2011 5.0 owners

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
Within the next few months, I'll be picking up a new car, with the only requirement being that it must be FAST, and not super expensive.

I had been leaning toward getting another c6, since I absolutely loved my 08 and you can make them stupid fast for relatively cheap, but I've owned 8 mustangs and the new 5.0s are really impressive. It would be nice to pick up another one, assuming it will perform on a level at least close behind a vette. I was considering a 2011 Shelby, but honestly, I think it's going to be too expensive - for that kind of money, I could get a 08 z06 with super low miles, or a brand new Grand Sport. So, if I opt to shell out $50k, I'd get another vette for sure.

Spending $30-35k is more appealing. What kinda pricing #s are you guys putting out for the 2011 5.0s? I'd only want the brembos and 3.73s as options.

What actual gas mileage are you seeing? My c6 got about 15-16 around town, but on the highways I'd see as high as 32mpg.

Are trap speeds of 115+ attainable with just intake/exhaust/tune?

do you have any complaints about anything in particular?

Whatever car I decide to get next, it's going to replace the 2000 Vert, the Mystic, and the SRT-4, so it has to be a good daily driver, that I can also take to shows, the track, or on long road trips. In your experience, would a 2011 GT fit the bill?

Thanks for any and all info you can provide! :rockon:

SpectorV

Established Member
hmm it depends on what you consider "FAST" as in what level of performance you are ok being around with no money invested, a little bit invested (bolt on stuff), or a lot invested (blower, engine build etc). The 2011 GT is pretty quick stock (high 12s low 13s) not sure what a base C6 runs but I am sure its got an edge on the 2011 GT. You should have the ability to mod it quite a bit. Just make sure where it can go for the money you wish to invest in it is where you want to be so you wont be left wanting more.

Thats the main reason I went with an 03 cobra. It has good power stock and with a couple grand invested you can up it by 200 more hp. That was the main selling point for me vs the new stangs (at the time the 2005s). If you want the ability to get great power then a GT500 or 03/04 Mustang wise is the better bet unless you dont mind installing a blower on a 2011 and building the motor for the 600+ range.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
1. Got mine for around 30ish

2. street driving (best) 19mpg (worst) 13.3 mpg
highway (best) 34.3mpg (worst) 18.1 mpg

3. I dont have any mods but there are people in the 112-114 mph trap in stock form

4. Mine 's a DD and is perfect for me, better then my e46 m3 i had

stang1971

Established Member
thanks for the replies so far. Helpful info. Any others??
my first 2011 was a m6 with 373's. car went 12.9 bone stock.. with a tune.. steeda cai and mufflers it went 12.44.. after the 75 shot and slicks.. went 11.76. then i started having the clutch issues..... got that fixed.... then broke the rear end....got that fixed.. then had the pedal issue and said **** this.. went and got the auto.... the auto has all the same mods and is quicker then the m6. If you are gonna be racing at all i would consider the auto for durability... if its more of a dd then the m6 will be fine even tho i read where people who dont race theirs are have issues. The auto is just as much fun to drive around town too.
my 2011 m6 went 12.44 with a 1.68 60'
my 2011 a6 went 12.27 with a 1.89 60'

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
my first 2011 was a m6 with 373's. car went 12.9 bone stock.. with a tune.. steeda cai and mufflers it went 12.44.. after the 75 shot and slicks.. went 11.76. then i started having the clutch issues..... got that fixed.... then broke the rear end....got that fixed.. then had the pedal issue and said **** this.. went and got the auto.... the auto has all the same mods and is quicker then the m6. If you are gonna be racing at all i would consider the auto for durability... if its more of a dd then the m6 will be fine even tho i read where people who dont race theirs are have issues. The auto is just as much fun to drive around town too.
my 2011 m6 went 12.44 with a 1.68 60'
my 2011 a6 went 12.27 with a 1.89 60'

what did the auto do, stock?

5.0jake

Established Member
On average from what I have seen most stock autos are running low 13's at 108 but definitely capable of 12's. If you can drive I, I think the manual might edge the auto out some but modded I might put my money on the auto. If all your going to be doing is going to the drag strip I would go with the auto.
I paid under $30 for a base model 5.0 with 3.73's, no brembos. I average 19mpg all around on my 60 mile daily commute which includes lots of traffic. If I do mostly highway I average around 24-25. Constant spirited driving will make it drop considerably of coarse.
I personally have never had any problems at all with my clutch or transmission.

My 5.0 is the best car i have ever owned by far and enjoy every second in it, but If I could afford it and I didn't care about warranty I would go with a slightly used Z06.
I drove an 07 and it was an absolute machine!!

Last edited:

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
Paid just over 30 for the car just like you want it. See sig have trapped 117 with mods I have and have run 11.95 on the stock tires. I love the car rides good, gets pretty good gas milage in the 20s mixed driving

Users who are viewing this thread