Questions about superchargers

blacktaurus91

Established Member
I'm driving a 96 Buick Riviera right now. My question is, it has a blower in it already, will a smaller little wheel thingamabob on the charger and a tighter belt make the supercharger pump out more power? I'm not sure, and I don't want to mess up the car so I'm asking here first. But as I understand it, the more you make the wheel thing on the supercharger spin, the more it works, therefore more psi right? Anyways, so if I am right, and I did put a smaller...pulley is it?...and then put the corresponding belts so there will be no slack, will I have to take it somewhere to get it tuned if it does pump out more psi and produce more horsepower? Also, the engine it has is a 3.8, V6. Basically the same ones in the Pontiac Grand Prix's. Anyone care to enlighten me a bit, cuz I do feel it needs more power, and this seems to be the quickest way possible to add more horses.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
IIRC the 3.8L S/C in the Riveria and the Bonne SSEi is the same as the 96 or is it 97 GTPs and the parts are interchangable.

But your question about the pulley issue. Yes, the smaller the pulley, the faster the blower spins, thus the more boost, and in theory the more hp, to a degree. I don't think you need a chip tho for it dependin on how much you turn it up.

you might check out www.grandprixstore.com for info, or www.clubgp.com also

TSi92

Banned
Well go try all those performance part thingys that the GTP usues. it will give you a thingy more hp with a smaller pulley thingy, because that boost thingy will go up. But be careful you don't wanna boost too much or that thingy called pistons and rods might have a bad day thingy. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread