Questions about pricing for gt350

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
The GT350 is in a league of its own because:

1. It has a 5.2 liter FPC engine

2. It has a high horsepower naturally aspirated engine

3. It has an engine that will readily rev to 8200 RPM

Above all else , the engine separates the GT350 from all the rest. The engine makes the GT350 special.

Randy M

Established Member
Just don't give in to paying ADM. Members of other boards are feeding each other with justification to pay ADM. It'll play out as it always does on these SE stands that paying ADM is foolish.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
LOL - but you don't see hundreds of pages on all the supercar forums talking about the ZL1 or Z/28. ...

They aren't out yet.

Just don't give in to paying ADM. Members of other boards are feeding each other with justification to pay ADM. It'll play out as it always does on these SE stands that paying ADM is foolish.

It's not just other boards doing that.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Well, when everyone and their mom is calling around the whole country looking for an MSRP deal, it's gonna inflate the dealership's head a good amount. When dealerships have a good two or three in stock on the floor, pricing will come down. I have a feeling that will be too late for me tho.

Last edited:

Para81

Established Member
They aren't out yet.

It's not just other boards doing that.

The GT350 only just started delivering the first of the 2015 batch at the end of October 2015 - the 2016 models followed deliver over the last 4 months. The 100+ page threads have been going on since last summer (about 6 months before anyone recieved the car). The ZL1 has been aknowledged a couple times but typically it gets about 4 or 5 comments vs. thousands on the GT350. The demand itself is on another level for the GT350. Everyone can make a fast car in 2016, you need to do something really innovative these days to get people to pay well over the msrp price. Very few cars in the world have ever been able to do that.

krt22

Established Member
Well, when everyone and their mom is calling around the whole country looking for an MSRP deal, it's gonna inflate the dealership's head a good amount. When dealerships have a good two or three in stock on the floor, pricing will come down. I have a feeling that will be too late for me tho.
uhh, that is what you are real demand. When folks are calling all over the nation because their local dealers have large mark ups, that means there is really more demand than current supply. What do you want people to do, sit on their hands for a year and hope no one buys the cars out from under them? Get real lol

Snoopy49

Established Member
How much is the gas guzzler tax on a GT350?

I found this IRS form online, it explains how the tax in calculated.

Gas Guzzler Tax

It's a good thing the EPA takes the word of the manufacturer rather than real world results when it comes to gas mileage.
If they had gone with real world mpg, my car would have had a $5,400 gas guzzler tax.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread