Questions about email tuners

hookandpull

Established Member
I have a 2003 Cobra (mainly stock) I am running a Bassani off road X-pipe with Borla stingers and cold air. I just picked up a 2.8 pulley and want to install it after I figure out what to do about tuning my car. Problem is I live in Seattle where everyone drives a prius. We have a couple of shops that tune but they have a sorry reputation for blowing cars up. I contacted Mark at Panhandle Performance in Panama City Florida where use to get all of my blown or turboed foxes tuned. He told me email tunes are so hit and miss, and that he could never recommend who to go with. He also said to stay off the internet cause it's filling me with bad ideas ;-). I was looking to get an SCT SF3 with the unlimited Bama tunes, but the Mustang Shop here in Seattle said the tunes they send never work and some peoples cars won't even start.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
All I know is that in general e-mail tunes on modded/boosted cars is a very risky proposition unless you can get some 100% positive feedback about the shop providing the tuning.

I'd ask in the Terminator forums for the best answers.

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
Don't do it. Just bite the bullet and ship the car out to someone if you have to. Not all tunes are equal let alone all Cobra's. Seems like a good bet for you would be to contact Rick at Amazon. He'll talk you through some good options. Good luck!

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
I doubt american muscle would be sending out tunes to cars so crappy the car won't even start. As for finding a place to tune, if you are just not at all comfortable with the shops in seattle maybe look into someone in northern cali. There is enough of a car nut population out there I am sure you can find someone reputable and that is a short-ish road trip.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
remote tuning from a tuner like Rick @Amazon who has been doing e tuning for many years is a viable option

you will hear pros and cons about e tuning .. Rick can only work with what you provide to him..it takes working back and forth sending datalogs and AF readings but if you are willing to do that..he can dial your tune in..he is also good at finding out what your mechanical issues might be if you are having them and they are preventing the tune from doing what it is progammed to do..he walks you through the process of how he wants the data collected and what parameters he needs

best thing is to talk to him one on one then ddecide if e tuning is for you
if you want to PM your # to me I will have him call you

Users who are viewing this thread