Questions about ASP 4# Lower Pulley

SVECobraR

Established Member
Hey Guys i just got my lightning a couple of months ago, it has almost 30k miles, a 2.3 whipple, full JDM exhaust, JDM trans valve mod, ground force lowering kit a few other odds and ends.

The blower has the stock 3.375" pulley on it and the truck is only making about 9-10lbs of boost. JDM said i should upgrade to a 3.00" upper pulley or a 4lb lower pulley. Now my question is what is your guys' opinion on ASP's 4lb lower pulley? http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...4Lbs-Lightning

My buddy use you have a 2002 lightning and he got this pulley from ASP but he never used it and sold off the lightning. They only thing he doesn't have is the bolts but i'm sure I can find some from a good local parts store. I'm just a bit reluctant to change anything on the crank considering the balancer and the engine harmonics.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Any recommendations as to whether they make a good product and what belt length I would need after?

Also i own a heavily modified 99 Cobra so i'm not new to the ford community, just new the lightning world and so far i'm loving it.

Thanks in advance.

SVT RICK

Established Member
I had that same pulley on my lightning when I purchased and just switched to a 6# ASP. I'm very pleased with it.

Users who are viewing this thread