Question:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
This car is probably old news to most of you guys.
http://www.atimotorsports.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=76

ViewOriginalPicture.aspx

I was just wondering if any of you have ever seen any of these bad boys run, street or track. Numbers?

I've been looking for a future project, and this seems really interesting. Expensive yeah, but a used, base Focus hatch won't be that expensive in the next couple of years, which is when I foresee myself doing better, after college grad and a new career.

Besides, apparently, you can fit a 5.0 in there too...which would be considerably cheaper to buy and build on.

Cobro

Banned
Depending on the weight of the car and the shorter wheel base, would love to know how it handles under full throttle on the streets and doesn’t lose control?

SNK BITN

Established Member
Oh theres no doubt that thing is a traction nightmare. Have you looked the the focus forums to see who has seen or ridden in one?

quivvy

Whaaaaack.....
Established Member
i was at ford 100th SVTOA toy box tour and talked to some SVT engineers who got to drive them. they said they are insanely fast but have mad oversteer and no rear traction cuz the car is already likt a 60/40 weight distribution, and when u throw in a engine 2x the size. it prolly rox it up to like 70/30 or sumin. also talked to some people who saw one autocross, lots of oversteeer.

would be a sweet car tho, and a sleeper

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Originally posted by quivvy
i was at ford 100th SVTOA toy box tour and talked to some SVT engineers who got to drive them. they said they are insanely fast but have mad oversteer and no rear traction cuz the car is already likt a 60/40 weight distribution, and when u throw in a engine 2x the size. it prolly rox it up to like 70/30 or sumin. also talked to some people who saw one autocross, lots of oversteeer.

would be a sweet car tho, and a sleeper

Hmmm...according to ATI, it IS at 60/40 WITH their set-up. Dunno.

I'm thinking of the old Datsuns with the SBC swaps. The swaps actually IMPROVE balance, because of how the motor's installed, most of the significant engine weight resides in the middle of the car, especially the heavy-ass tranny, which it seems is also in the middle in this car.

(When I say "middle", I mean between the front and rear wheels...as opposed to "front" which is the overhang in front of the front-wheels and "rear" which is the overhang behind the rear-axles.)

Users who are viewing this thread