Question.

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
I have been waiting on the 03 lightnings to be released for several months now. But I got to thinking. It would probably be cheaper to buy an older mustang and put some horsepower to it. I just don't know what would be the best year and such. I just want to few my options before dropping 30+ thousand on a new truck. I have test drove the L and went to test drive the 03 Cobra but they wouldn't let me. I sat in it and the seat wasn't comfortable at all. But anyway, would I want to get a Fox body or an SN95? Would I use the stock 302 boss or drop a 351 in? Last question. About how much money does it take to get an older mustang in the 11's? Thats about all I'm looking for. Maybe 10's but doubt it.

Thanks,

Helix

wheelspin

Established Member
DEpends. If you don't want a daily driver, you can get in to the 11's reasonably cheap. 89-93 5 Spd Notchback, Gears, Slicks, a serios diet and about a 150 Shot and you could be in the high 11's. You could do it for under 5 grand if you keep a tight hand on your wallet.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
yes a 89 thru 93 would be the cheap car to by and i do like the look of them but they all rattle i can atest to this i have an 89lx, so if it is going to be a daly driver i would go with a sn 95 body car. less or no rattle better brakes right off the bat (it is a little heavier but nos or blower can take care of that) and if it were up to me more cubes are better drop in a stroked out 351 you could make it like a replica 95 cobra r :rolling:

wheelspin

Established Member
Yeah, the old gen Fox are great cars, especially in a straight line, butter the newer chassis is a much better daily driver.

Users who are viewing this thread