Question....

Mustangbadboy

Established Member
Does anyone know what happens if I remove this bolt on this square thing on the brake caliper?

upload_2020-5-1_18-22-59.png
upload_2020-5-1_18-22-59.jpeg

ox white

Established Member
You will need to bleed the brakes is what will happen. No big deal. Question is; what are trying to accomplish?

Mustangbadboy

Established Member
You will need to bleed the brakes is what will happen. No big deal. Question is; what are trying to accomplish?

One of the 12mm bolt that attaches to the caliper is seized ( I got one off) and so i got the caliper off the rotor by hammering it off and twisting the piston back...unfortunately i cant put the top part of my caliper back on without the brake line hitting my shock...im trying to put it straight on through the 12mm holes

by taking off this bolt it allows me to put the caliper over the bracket on the rotor otherwise it just wont go in with brake line attached

ox white

Established Member
Not quite sure what you're talking about, but if the shock is in the way just unbolt and move it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, can't you loosen and temporarily move the shock, and then re-mount it after you finish routing the brake line?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Please post pics of what you're talking about. I don't think any of us can wrap our heads around your issue.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I still don't know wtf he was trying to do... glad its sorted tho... The SRA is stupid easy to work on, don't overthink it. Actually the whole car is. 4.6 is a little complicated compared to a pushrod but nothing bad. Car is legit a highly modded 1978 Fairmont lol.

Users who are viewing this thread