Question re. F250 & F350 Reliability

F3NR15ULFR

Hello,

I am looking for a website or company similar to Consumer Reports or Edmunds that has data on, or rates the reliability of various years and models of the 2500 and 3500 trucks going back to the 10th or 11th generation of the F-series.

I'm considering an F350, but would like to make sure that I do not get a dud year or a dud engine, and would also like to do the same for Chevy/GMC's trucks. Dodge is out of the running for reasons that should be obvious to anyone who reads the news.

I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
each year, each make and model have their issues. I have a 03 F250 6.0 currently. I've owned multiple diesel trucks and have not had any issues with the 6.0. The 08-10 6.4 has plenty of issues as well. I've personally seen melted pistons and snapped cranks. Ive heard the 11's had issues as well.

Most of the issues are traced back to the govt's emissions garbage. The EGR systems and DPF are gay as AIDS. Once those are deleted off of the trucks the biggest worry is gone. The truck I own now is the first truck Ive had thats studded. I usually just delete the EGR and upgrade the oil cooler. The EGR puts a lot of heat onto the heads. The thin heads warp and you blow a head gasket. Deleting it take a big chunk of worry out though. Also it all depends on how you drive it. If you drive it like a 18 year old in the Taco Bell parking lot, your going to have issues no matter the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread