Question on wheel spacers

SoCalTerminator

team SVT
Established Member
Hey there fellas I currently own a 2003 Svt Cobra and a 96 IRS swapped GT.

I'm thinking on putting a 2" spacer to push out the wheels I currently have on the GT ( 17x8 ) stock 5 star on 275-40-17 Nittos. Is this safe to run on IRS ? I'm not digging the wheels to far in. I used a 2" spacer i had to see how they look and there flushed with the fender lips...

Any advice or tips would be really appreciated.. ( Note: I don't want to spend the cash on wheels like 10.5s on my DD)

:beer:

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I think MM carries spacers--I have never been a big fan of them for safety reasons--I am sure they are ok, I'm just old fashioned.

Asvt03

Established Member
If it's any help I have spacers on my 03 cobra and it does give it a wider look which is pretty cool

JrSVT

Established Member
Why not just buy wider wheels and not have to run a spacer? Then you could run wider tires and it would look 10000000x better.

Jr.

SVTmystic290

Established Member
Why not just buy wider wheels and not have to run a spacer? Then you could run wider tires and it would look 10000000x better.

Jr.

Read the OP. He doesnt want to spend more money on wheels for his DD.

2" would be the MAX I would go with and thats pushing it. Make sure you have wheel studs that are long enough unless of course you are going with hubcentric spacers. The latter may be a better option if safety is a concern. I have never run spacers that big though so maybe someone else will have some different input.

Asvt03

Established Member
I agree mine are only 1" and even then I'm just thinking of getting bigger wheels it's a "pita" if you ever go to tire shops with the spacers on

X3FBrian

Established Member
Just be sure to get hubcentric spacers that have new studs after bolting to your old ones. 1" spacing will be all you need. Good luck and be sure to tighten them down good and tight.

Users who are viewing this thread