Question on tuning on 04 Mach 1

riche

Established Member
I purchased a 04 Mach one that has been tuned for 93 octane(car was in Michigan). The car will now be out in Arizona with 91 as premium gas. Is a retune necessary or with the sensors pick up the octane and not advance timing?? I am at least going to put in on the dyno and check air/fuel ratio.

nxhappy

Established Member
you cannot run 91 with a 93 tune.

you can keep the tune only if you use Torco as an octane booster

decipha

Established Member
go to moatea.net and order yourself a quarterhorse

go to www.efidynotuning.com and download the free custom tuning software under FBFG2, you can download it now and play with it while you wait for the QH to come in

when the QH comes in, read out your current tune and just go take out a little timing at WOT

you dont have to retune it just adjust it

also dependent upon how conservative the tuner was it may not need any taken out, see what you have and go from there

decipha

Established Member
is that a legit question?

its 1000x better, datalogging, realtime tuning, etc... all absolutely flawless, plus you have full access to the tune and can do anything you want with it, your not limited with SCT to only what they give you

its not 2003 anymore, SCT is old ancient news now, realtime tuning for the ford eec's basically put an end to SCT flash tuning devices many many years ago, I got my first quarterhorse back in 2008, I'll never use an SCT handheld on an EEC

here you go

http://www.efidynotuning.com/started.htm

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
go to www.efidynotuning.com and download the free custom tuning software under FBFG2, you can download it now and play with it while you wait for the QH to come in

I wanted to double check if the FBFG2 strategy will work with a 2003 GT? Also will it work with TunerPro and Binary Editor?

I am looking to start with TunerPro and upgrade to Binary Editor if I need to.

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
How is this tuning software compared to HPTuners? I have a local shop that runs it as there main tuning software but has many 04 and under mustang guys they have to turn away cause HPTuners only works for 05 and up mustangs.

sutyak

it's soo-tack
Established Member
go to moatea.net and order yourself a quarterhorse

when the QH comes in, read out your current tune and just go take out a little timing at WOT

you dont have to retune it just adjust it

also dependent upon how conservative the tuner was it may not need any taken out, see what you have and go from there

This is awesome. I didn't even know Moates existed. I've used the consumer version of the SCT Pro Racer Package for years, and it's extremely frustrating because it doesn't provide all the editable values that the professional version does. Thank you!

StrayBullitt

Established Member
is that a legit question?
here you go
http://www.efidynotuning.com/started.htm

Well I do not have any experience with QH nor have I ever heard of one prior to this post, so yeah, it was a legit question..

2003 or not, I can still walk into my local tuning shop, Buy an X4 off the shelf and send my car back for a custom tune at a discount. I can't do that with a QH.. but thanks for the heads up, I'm reading the getting started now.

Maybe the better question to ask would have been if QH is a better setup overall than an SCT handheld along with the pro racer software...

Last edited:

decipha

Established Member
all advanced tuning shops use a quarterhorse to tune an eec, it is THE ONLY way to properly tune one

How is this tuning software compared to HPTuners? I have a local shop that runs it as there main tuning software but has many 04 and under mustang guys they have to turn away cause HPTuners only works for 05 and up mustangs.

cj428mach

Established Member
Decipha is there any plan to allow flashing of the EEC with a Mongoose cable with TunerPro, or is the only option to burn a chip after getting the tune dialed in with the QH.

15PSI

Established Member
Just an FYI. Eric at HPTuners has mapped all of the ECUs from 1999-2004 with EEC-Vs. HPTuners will be releasing support for these cars in the future. I am not sure of the release date.

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Hasnt been released yet, that i know of. Been on the HPTuners forums and havent been able to get any kind of answer from them about a yes or no to the program and cable for our OBD2 in production or a possible release date. Seen a few posts on there asking about it, but never really seeing anyone from HP actually commenting enough.

decipha

Established Member
Decipha is there any plan to allow flashing of the EEC with a Mongoose cable with TunerPro, or is the only option to burn a chip after getting the tune dialed in with the QH.

yes youll see i have updated the getting started write up to include flashing the 96+ ecus

Users who are viewing this thread