Question on springs

96vertsnake

Established Member
I put a set of Tein springs on my daughters 08GT that I bought off of a member of this forum. The problem is the rear bottoms out going over rough roads, dips, etc. I assume it's just too low. I dont remember exactly what it measured when dropped, but I'm guessing 2 inches in the rear. I installed the adjustable panhard rod and lower control arms. It also has GT500 wheels. Does anyone have experience with these springs?

The springs definently slammed the car, but unless there is a solution I will have to replace them with something a little taller.

96vertsnake

Established Member
I believe its too low. I dont recall whether there were isolators on the spring seats. If not and there are some available aftermarket I'll try adding them and see if raising it the 1/4-1/2 inch will resolve the problem.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
you need to cut the bumpstops in 1/2 if you want to do it yourself. this was a requirement on most springs, or just buy the FRPP bumpstop kit which includes the precut bumpstops.

Powered by Ford

Established Member
you need to cut the bumpstops in 1/2 if you want to do it yourself. this was a requirement on most springs, or just buy the FRPP bumpstop kit which includes the precut bumpstops.

+1 the bumpstops must be modified when lowering the s197s. It will dramatically increase the ride quality if you have not.

Did Tein's instructions not include this step?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

96vertsnake

Established Member
+1 the bumpstops must be modified when lowering the s197s. It will dramatically increase the ride quality if you have not.

Did Tein's instructions not include this step?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I bought the springs off someone on this forum so no instructions. However I had removed the bump stops. The car was just too low for a daily driver on rough roads. I switched to Steeda springs. Ill just sell the Tein's.

908ssp

Established Member
Lowering two inches is too low and you're ruining the cars handling and ride. Get taller springs. Cutting bump stop is really a bad solution. Shorter springs should be stiff enough to hit the bump stop no more than stock springs. If you hit the shortened bump stop it will hit with such force that it can cause a loss in traction and make the car slide if it happens to be cornering at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread