>>>>>>> Question on Building a SN95 <<<<<<<

mike302

03BLKVENM
Established Member
A friend is selling me a white 96 cobra with a loud knocking noise on high rpms(needs rebuil) with a t56 and 4:10s in the back, with catback. Other than that its all stock, nice all black interior! For $3k still original owner

I would want to go with strong internals for some good boost! I would like to go with a twin screw set up on the sn95!!! may be 550-600rwhp range!

can you post what exactly would I need or you guys recomend to make that power and supporting mods? and a rough estimate on $$$$

thanks in advanced! :beer:​

crazycarlo

Established Member
if you want that kind of power with a PD blower ur gonna need to go with an 03 Eaton swap which is alot of little parts and adds up. If u search this section there is a thread by me with all the stuff you will need. It will be easier to but an 03 motor however with thoser gears id just build the motor and buy a used centri setup. Youll make ur power easy and it will still be fast.

94venomV8

Established Member
Like said above, your going to be in a lot more money and time screwing with doing a eaton swap/03 cobra motor. i would just rebuild the one you have and turbo it or centri it. If you are looking for that torque turbo will be your best bet and will cost probably a little less then doing the 03 motor with a KB or something. Best bet would be to just get some nice rods and pistons (as long as your crank is good) and do the short block. and then just put it together, as long as everything else is ok you will have yourself in a cheap/fast car!

svtcobralover

Established Member
Id just buy a shortblock from MMR and have your heads redone to get you up and running and than go with a turbo set-up. Probably cheaper and will make more power than a twin screw.

svtcobralover

Established Member
Well your talking about 2 different things. You can pick up a full and complete centrifical kit on here used for around 2-3k. A turbo can also be had for the same price but really depends on what you want. Plus you will need to look into upgrading your fuel system.

crazycarlo

Established Member
well a centri setup can be had for like 2K, throw in an extra $1,000 for stuff like gauges, a tune, and misc parts and then you can make 500rwhp safely if u have the built shortblock.

Users who are viewing this thread