Question on 96-98 Cobra prices with Termi Swap

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Its been a while since I've been on the boards. I was wondering if anyone out there knew what the prices are on a 96 Cobra with 03/04 power plant swap?

this inst a FS thread, as I don't know if there are rules against this outside the classifieds. I'm looking more for a general price range on these cars?

OR, would it be smarter to sell the engine/trans as one piece and the rest of the car as a roller?

thoughts?

Alex

Alex_96Cobra

Established Member
hoodup.jpg

redrocket16

Established Member
What does the rest of the parts list look like? Is it motor/trans only? Interior? Mliles on body and miles on motor?

Alex_96Cobra

Established Member
What does the rest of the parts list look like? Is it motor/trans only? Interior? Miles on body and miles on motor?

Engine and Trans have less than 25K miles
unported eaton
billetflow 2.76 pulley with idlers
CPR rails (return fuel system)
MSD Coil Packs and wires
KB BAP
Centerforce Dual Friction
Fidanza FW
Fluidyne Radiator
overflow (canton or moroso - dont remember)
chrome valve covers
stock 6 speed. pro 5.0 shifter
more that I will update as I remember
RET Tuned 450/460 Rear wheel

Body has around 85K miles on it (the Dallas speed corrector wasnt on it for a while and really racked up the miles with the speedo off)
black interior
Eibachs
Tokiko adjustables at all 4
BBK adjustable control arms
Full length welded SFC's
03 Cobra wheels (real)
Eaton 31 spline rear with Strange axles
Autometer phantom gauges (all undetectable from the outside - was kind of going for the stock look)

im sure there is a ton im leaving out but its hard to remember all the supporting mods and upgrades. The motor is damn near stock save for the pulley, fuel system and tune. has LOTS of room for more, safe power.

Last edited:

redrocket16

Established Member
Sounds like a great setup for sure. Interior looks like the 97 still. Also, did you swap the entire wiring or is it still the 97 wiring with the wiring spliced to work with the 03-04 motor?

I would say just shy of terminator value. With it having a lesser interior it makes up for in milage and moderate mods so I would say 17k would be a fair price (I will soon have a terminated 96 car and I would like to think I could get 17k for all the work/parts in it).

Alex_96Cobra

Established Member
thanks bro, I spared no expense and bought all quality parts for this car. yeah, the interior is stock 96 cobra except for gauges, stereo and shifter nob. I put more than 17k in the swap alone but I knew id never get what I put into it plus the cars normal value.

EDIT, stock 96 PCM spliced, tuned and setup to run the 03 electrical.

I'll throw it up in a couple days and see what happens. im in no hurry, I just hate to see it sitting in the garage. Divorce, life and all kinds of reality type things got in the way of this beautiful hobby, now i find myself with this car, 2 harleys and other toys I just dont have time for...

Last edited:

redrocket16

Established Member
Sucks man :(

I know I started out with a 'budget' for the swap and I think I've doubled it already by telling myself I'm already there I might as well do ____. Adds up quickly thats for sure. Do you have the old motor and parts if you did take the 03-04 motor out to put back in? If you do go the sell route let me know what you get for it if you dont mind as I would be very interested.

Alex_96Cobra

Established Member
LMAO yeah the budget goes out the window :)
I sold the old teksid block to RET for one of Gregs projects, I believe it was the twin turbo Mach he was running a couple years ago ( he may still be running it - I havent kept up with the scene)

I think piecing my Cobra out may be the way to go but it will be done after I prove its power, reliability, proof that its all in good condition. then I'll sell it off in chunks - IF no one wants to buy her as she sits

redrocket16

Established Member
LMAO yeah the budget goes out the window :)
I sold the old teksid block to RET for one of Gregs projects, I believe it was the twin turbo Mach he was running a couple years ago ( he may still be running it - I havent kept up with the scene)

I think piecing my Cobra out may be the way to go but it will be done after I prove its power, reliability, proof that its all in good condition. then I'll sell it off in chunks - IF no one wants to buy her as she sits

The only downsides to parting is how long it takes to sell parts and some parts people really don't want/need. Also it can be tough to tear apart the car you spent so much on. It's been talked about we get more when we part cars out unless you find the owner who wants exactly what you have and they pay the premium. I feel like you have a premium car and could get a reasonable asking price or close to it so then its just the ol time vs money battle.

Alex_96Cobra

Established Member
The only downsides to parting is how long it takes to sell parts and some parts people really don't want/need. Also it can be tough to tear apart the car you spent so much on. It's been talked about we get more when we part cars out unless you find the owner who wants exactly what you have and they pay the premium. I feel like you have a premium car and could get a reasonable asking price or close to it so then its just the ol time vs money battle.

Very true, Im not hurting for money i just fear the car is going to waste at this point. i figured 2 or 3 big sales motor/trans then rolling chassis, or motor then trans then roller. im undecided at this point.

AH i just remembered the American Thunder flowmaster with catted H - sounds amazing.... and CAI, shit lots was done to this pretty little sleeper

Users who are viewing this thread