Question on 2012 Boss Audio / Sync vs. 2013 Boss Audio

Silver TT

Established Member
Guys who have a 2012 Boss can you answer this question?

Does the 2012 come with at least a 3.5mm audio in jack? So you can plug in an iPod with a regular audio cable?

I understand they added Sync to the 2013 which also includes things like bluetooth audio streaming from iPhone/Android type devices? Is that about it as far as the changes to audio?

I know about the track pack visuals, etc. Just curious about how much has changed on the audio side because I am thinking of a 2012 instead of a 2013 if I can find one considerably cheaper with very low mileage.

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
Except for Sync, that's all that's different as far as I know. I use the 3.5 jack in my '12 with no problems. Of course, most of the time the windows are down and the music's off (engine audio is sweet!). Good luck in your search--should be able to find some killer deals right about now.

Silver TT

Established Member
Except for Sync, that's all that's different as far as I know. I use the 3.5 jack in my '12 with no problems. Of course, most of the time the windows are down and the music's off (engine audio is sweet!). Good luck in your search--should be able to find some killer deals right about now.

Thanks for the info. Why do you mention being able to find killer deals? Is it because the initial demand has been somewhat met and now with the GT 500 on the lots it is taking away some of the buyers who would have been fighting over the Boss allocations?

ccg07

Established Member
Since 2013's are coming in dealers want to get rid of their old 2012's. I got my 2012 with recaro/torsen for just under 40k last month.

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
^^^This, and the GT500 is definitely in the balance now as well. I'd venture to say road course drivers are also being pulled by the ZL1, but those with a taste for Boss history and nostalgia would be less inclined to favor the Shelby or the 'Maro, natch.

Silver TT

Established Member
Since 2013's are coming in dealers want to get rid of their old 2012's. I got my 2012 with recaro/torsen for just under 40k last month.

That is a great deal. I am seeing '12 Boss' on ebay with about 2k miles for low $40s but haven't seen anything new under $40k yet.

And around NY/NJ it seems most of the #$%& dealers are holding pretty firm on their $10k market adjustment BS.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
you can control the ipod from the radio and steering wheel controls in the 2013s voice commands too but they are pretty bad.

Users who are viewing this thread