Question for those that have removed the exhaust baffles

DA BOSS 13

Established Member
I took mine out today and it is too loud for me. I will run it without at track events, but I like to be able to carry on a conversation with others in car when driving. I guess I'm just getting too old!

I don't know how old you are, but I'm 57 and it sounds like what a TRUE muscle car should sound. I've driven my car from VA to CT, my wife and I conversed no problem. She says it sounds fine, I agree the baffles stay out, I really love the throaty sound and slight gurgle on decel. My older hot rod friends agree, it is definitely BOSS!

Last edited:

Para81

Established Member
It's 100% perfect without the Baffles. Only way I know how to describe the stock sound anyway. No car for under 150k can match it.

najay

Established Member
no baffles and it is perfect. I like the fact I can walk around the car when it is idling and the sound stays awesome.

El Jeffe

Established Member
Took mine out and it is alot louder but a nice throaty loud.
Only problem I have is that in the lower 2-3 gears I seem to get a metallic vibration eminating out of the passengers side. Rechecked the pipe tightness and proximity to the floor board and nothing is touching or seems to be vibrating there. So its still a mystery...its not obnoxious just a bit annoying at times.
Anyone else run into this and able to ID where its coming from?

El Jeffe

Established Member
Also do notice a slight jake braking effect with the baffles out when you let off the gas when the car is wound up a bit....guessing thats just the addl back pressure from the more open pipes.

TRDon

Established Member
I just took mine out yesterday and i dont like it. It jist sounds like a big exhaust leak. No real tone.to it at all. I am going to make a plate with a larger hole just to play with it and also relocate the hole to the bottom of the exhaust. a lot of rust water came out when i removed them. A relocated hole shod get that water to go through.

Brewmaster

Established Member
I just took mine out yesterday and i dont like it. It jist sounds like a big exhaust leak. No real tone.to it at all. I am going to make a plate with a larger hole just to play with it and also relocate the hole to the bottom of the exhaust. a lot of rust water came out when i removed them. A relocated hole shod get that water to go through.

I don't like that jake brake sound either. I drilled mine out to 13/16" and put on the GT 500 axle backs and love the sound.

Mike

mcmmotorsports

Established Member
Only issue with mine, and still trying to confirm, is that carbon monoxide is creeping in from the pipes. Not a leak per say, just coming in from were they are placed. I get dizzy on longer trips. Sound though...more than makes up for the health concerns. :dancenana:

Users who are viewing this thread