Question for those making over 500rwhp..

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
oh and I love the tread pattern too, (on 04sleeper's Cobra)

4791523007_cc2e7c1203_b.jpg

4043851273_af0646faac_o.jpg

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
They felt stable? I really dont want to start a " lost control of car in rain" threads in the future you see on here because of the drag radials.

Im not intentionally going to drive in bad conditions but the weather has be unpredictable around here. Just a few weeks ago the news said sunny weather and I drive maybe 10 miles away from home and its raining cats and dogs. Thats what im really worried about, getting caught off guard in bad weather.

Yes they were very stable. I even drove around most of the time with 18psi in them for the extra traction. And this was in a 4800# truck with an extreme weight bias to the front with a light rear and they still did great. I know all about crazy weather. It'll be 100* and sunny and start pouring down rain for 10 minutes then go right back to 100* and sunny. Never once hydroplaned or had any problems in the rain.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Yes they were very stable. I even drove around most of the time with 18psi in them for the extra traction. And this was in a 4800# truck with an extreme weight bias to the front with a light rear and they still did great. I know all about crazy weather. It'll be 100* and sunny and start pouring down rain for 10 minutes then go right back to 100* and sunny. Never once hydroplaned or had any problems in the rain.

Hmm, I have to slightly disagree.

While I have driven mine in the rain I have felt them slightly hydroplane through deeper puddles when it rains hard.

They're MUCH better than any other DR out there, but they don't come close to a true street tire in the rain IMO.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Look like they only come in 295 as the widest for an 18, what size are you running? How much power is the viper making?

We're running 315's, but on a 20. The Viper is making in the mid 700's and he hooks on the street, just not from a dig.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
I'm running a 295/35-18 KDW2 on the rear. Last forever, awesome wet traction. Can pedal 1st and hook 2nd. You're more than welcome to take a ride or check them out anytime.

Thanks for all the quick replies everyone! I now know which tires I can trust but I just have to make a choice I guess.

Thanks for the offer lowflyn, your tires sound just about perfect...as well as all the other suggestions haha.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
I have Nittos now, but I used to have GSD3s which IMO, are the best true street tire out there. Kind of pricey though.

Yep, GS-D3's. I agree, best street tire and excellent wet weather traction for a daily driver. I'm running 315 -17's.

Users who are viewing this thread