Question for the people who live up north

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Icy roads and walkways are almost here again and I'd like to get a pair of shoes or boots that will give me some grip-tion so I'm not busting my ass again this year. Something that i could drive in easily would be a plus. What do y'all recommend?

RX1Cobra

Established Member
What about something like YakTrax? You can slip them on and off for driving and between different shoes.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
YakTrax is an excellent choice. IMO just about the best choice to ensure you don't slip. The YakTrax Walk, Pro Walker and Ice Trekker are all nice, depending on your needs. I have a pair of the YakTrax Walk.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
What about something like YakTrax? You can slip them on and off for driving and between different shoes.

Those look exactly like what I didn't even know i wanted! And for $20?! I think so. Thank you sir!

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
YakTrax is an excellent choice. IMO just about the best choice to ensure you don't slip. The YakTrax Walk, Pro Walker and Ice Trekker are all nice, depending on your needs. I have a pair of the YakTrax Walk.

How have your set held up Bob? Those things look awesome.

Last edited:

bigmoose

Established Member
I have the yaktrax pro. I recommend the pro mainly for the strap that goes over the foot. Worth the extra $10

Users who are viewing this thread