Question for the experts-- Help needed

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Here's the scenario:

Once my car warms up my throttle is starting to stick open when I take my foot off the gas. It's definitely not the TPS as I can feel it in the pedal. During my last trip to the track I took my OEM TB with me anticipating problems. I needed to swap it out after my second run b/c the rpms were hanging inbetween shifts & out of gear. It turns out the BBK was costing me as much as a .5 sec and 3mph. The car ran much better but was still noticeably down on power and seemed to be starving for air.

My theory:

The dis-similar metals used in the condtruction of the BBK TB do facilitate effective heat dispersion. The blades expand just enough that they hang on the material used to seal the blades for idle purposes and on the bores themselves.

Solutions???

I tried removing some of the sealant but that didn't help. I've contemplated removing a minute ammount of material fron the overall diameter of the blades but am concerned with idle issues.

If I remove material from the blades will I infact cause a high/eratic idle? It seems this would be the solution since they could expand more...... Opinions are gratly appreciated but just know that an Accufab is not in my budget right not. It's either make the BBK work or nothing since I modified my intake tube and it doesn't effectively work with the OEM TB anymore

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Not sure if I can return it since I've had it for a while and esp since Brothers Perf. already swapped it out once. I've already resigned to the fact that the money is long gone. More than anything right now I'm trying to build a better mouse trap..

Users who are viewing this thread