Question For Orlando Folk!

03snkvert

Established Member
The Family (me, wife and 5y/o daughter) will be coming to Orlando in the next couple weeks for a Vacation, and we would like to go out to a nice Steak House or Italian restaurant in the area.

I was wondering if anyone here could give me some ideas of places to go, or place that you have been that would be worth going to.

Thanks for the Help,

Corey

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Really depends on the area you'll be staying. Disney area or ??? I can also try to help ya out with where to avoid traffic as well. Disney area and SR535 gets nuts in the evening.

03snkvert

Established Member
Really depends on the area you'll be staying. Disney area or ??? I can also try to help ya out with where to avoid traffic as well. Disney area and SR535 gets nuts in the evening.

We are staying at the Fountains Resort on International Drive S, We are taking my daughter to Disney World!

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Roger. International dr S doesn't get too congested as long as you stay south of central florida blvd. state road 535 gets crazy traffic jams around 4-7pm and even lasts longer on fri-sat. Anything on state road 535 between apopka Vineland rd and just south of I-4 is pretty much a hassle to get too around those times unless you use back roads. There's a place called "the knife" on state road 535 that is pretty damn good. They are all you can eat for the most part and have a wide variety of meats, salads, foreign dishes and desserts. Kobe's steakhouse is pretty good as well and the one on Palm Pkwy is usually quiet (compared to others I've been too). Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse is supposed to be very good as well. My supervisor is probably the pickiest man I know and loves the place. Haven't been but I may go now LOL.

If you have a taste for German style food, there's a place in Sanford called the Willow Tree Cafe (Hollerbach's). It's a little bit of a drive but is well worth it for the food.

If you like bar-b-q, may wanna try 4-rivers. Probably some of the best bar-b-q I've had in a resturaunt. They're all over Orlando.

Damn I'm hungry now... Lol we need a food thread for Orlando!!

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
Hi Corey. Although I now live near Tampa, I lived in Orlando for 8 yrs. and I recommend that you take a chance to go to the Mall at Millenia. Just get off at exit 78 on I-4 and turn right and the mall will be at the 2nd or 3rd light on the right. Also this week is the 2015 Intl. Auto show running from Thursday thru Sunday at the Orange county convention center on Intl. Drive. And if you have time, they are doing the largest car show in America (Turkey Run) at the Daytona Intl. speedway where they normally have between 5K to 6K cars plus lots of vendors. Enjoy central FL and have fun.

03snkvert

Established Member
Thanks for the Input guys, will deff have to check some of those places out!

Think I may try and hit up the Orlando Karting center while I am there also!

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Thanks for the Input guys, will deff have to check some of those places out!

Think I may try and hit up the Orlando Karting center while I am there also!

Just got back a few weeks ago myself. If you've never been, I highly recommend a trip over to Kennedy Space center if you like that sort of thing. The new display of space shuttle Atlantis is amazing.

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
Just got back a few weeks ago myself. If you've never been, I highly recommend a trip over to Kennedy Space center if you like that sort of thing. The new display of space shuttle Atlantis is amazing.
I've been living in FL since 1989 and I have never been at the KSC. LOL.

Judd659

LSX GOD
Established Member
Morton's Steakhouse right off dr.phillips blvd and sandlake road.

it is about 2-3 miles west of where you are staying at.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i could've sworn KSC is off limits to the public now? tried taking the wife over summer and got shunned lololol

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Morton's Steakhouse right off dr.phillips blvd and sandlake road.

it is about 2-3 miles west of where you are staying at.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i could've sworn KSC is off limits to the public now? tried taking the wife over summer and got shunned lololol

From my understanding, entry is only limited around launches or maybe it was full? It's not a big place compared to the parks.

Users who are viewing this thread