Question for Harley Owners

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
I guess the newer ones that have four doors are coming with a supercharged 5.4 liter like the lightning. They probably weigh a lot more than the L, but how hard is it to get them into, let's say the 13s? I'd imagine it would take well to mods like the L.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
The listing for empty weight puts the HD about 46 pounds less than the L.

I know someone that ran 13.8 or .9 out of the box.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Not yet!! I know the listed gross weight is more for the HD than the L, but in gross weight they consider 2 more 180 pound occupants in the HD vs the L.

TXRickC

Established Member
Originally posted by 95Mike
I guess the newer ones that have four doors are coming with a supercharged 5.4 liter like the lightning. They probably weigh a lot more than the L, but how hard is it to get them into, let's say the 13s? I'd imagine it would take well to mods like the L.

2002 was when they added the Eaton.
2003 the Eaton got a black makeover.

2 more doors, another set of seats, 20" Chrome wheels, slightly shorter bed = less weight than a Lightning? that's got to be BS.

RobG

Established Member
The weight difference is closer to 400 lbs. The wheels alone are close to 80 lbs. heavier then add the extra length cab with 2 extra leather seats, longer frame, etc. and you see what I mean.

Here's my ' 03 hooptie...

47b3db38b3127cce8804e4594e0e0000001610

:coolman:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Rob, where is the Shaker hood?? Sweet truck:thumbsup:

You need to change the truck in your profile.

Any mods yet? Besides the killer wheels

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Ive seen a HD F150 with a KB! Sweet truck & what i dont understand is why he is only using 9PSI Pulley instead of going higher?

Id worry abour running into a HD F150 if every one starts putting on the KB.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Ive seen a HD F150 with a KB! Sweet truck & what i dont understand is why he is only using 9PSI Pulley instead of going higher?

Id worry abour running into a HD F150 if every one starts putting on the KB.

Is he running 9 lbs. total? Or 9 over stock?

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
I am running 12psi total on my 02 HD. Finally got my moonroof shade tightened up so it doesn't fly open everytime I launch:) My times aren't very impressive yet cause I'm blistering the 20's for the first 60'. Once I get my slicks I can give more accurate and consistant times.
My mods are as follows;
Mac Cold Air
8lb ASP Pulley
Diablo Flip Chip
4:56 Ring & Pinion
Neumatic Detroit Diffential Locker
2" Drop Shackles
More electronic and audio than I care to list here....

Last edited:

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
Don't have a digital camera, but my best friend does. Next trip I go to the track I will get him to take it so we can post some pics up here. This thing launches like a moose with his ass on fire since I did the gear, pulley and chip and I'm still running my stock exhaust, and have no intentions of changing it right now. I never felt anything quite like it, and couldn't have believed anything this big could jump like it does.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
I know! I drove my buddies 03 HD with the Kenne Bell on it and it hauls ass! But just like the Lightning, you need to be careful on the throttle when hitting even a small bump on an angle. That ass end loves to jump around!

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
Is he running 9 lbs. total? Or 9 over stock?

U know not sure what the stock Eaton has on the L's...sorry folks but he said it was a bigger pulley then the Eaton, but made a bit more power. He was supposed to be pumping up the boost.

Swansons Performance had the truck out. The HD looked sweet. Lowered on some 20" rims, Brembo Brake Upgrade & who in the world is going to think the HD is going to have a KB in it?

Users who are viewing this thread