Question for former Terminator owners.

spaldingpm

Established Member
So, this weekend, I'm planning on looking to trade in my 50k mile, SM 03 coupe. Just pullied and exhaust. I'm also considering trading in my daily driver, 2015 fiesta st.

The GT I'm after is a 2014 with 11k miles, $26k.

My question/s are as follows... if you could do it over again, would you have kept your terminator?
How do you like your coyote?
What are the most drastic differences, both good and bad.

I only plan to do full exhaust, boss intake, cai, gears and a tune, so it should be pretty comparable to my 2.93, 4lb, and o/r exhaust terminator, right?

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
If you have a lower pulley on your cobra the 5.0 will be a tad slower , my 5.0 with the same mods your planning with big and littles outran a 440whp upper pulley cobra but it was very close , I could run within a car or so of a 480-500whp cobra , longtubes and some big and littles and you'll run right with or outrun a 480-500whp cobra , and you can compare the power output of both cars but they are night and day different as far as "feel" of driving each car . I love my coyote and I loved my cobra , I personally like the body style of my coyote better , and I wouldn't say I regret selling the cobra and getting the coyote but I will say I wish it would have been possible for me to keep both ! The terminator was one of the funnest cars I've ever driven , at 500whp there aren't many cars that offer the driving experience of a terminator . With the whine of the eaton and the low end torque . The coyote is one of the baddest n/a motors ford has ever made considering the small cubic inch so your trading one spectacular car for another !!

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Nicely put ^^^ Ive been at my local Ford dealership kicking tires and that 2011-15 coyote is growing on to me! Really digging the Roush Stage2 package but they want some $$$$$

Zemedici

Established Member
Sold my 2004 for a Custom Ordered 2015 GT PP / Premium car (loaded with every option, $44.5k sticker)

Seven months later I sold the 2015 for a 2003 cobra.

I missed the rawness of my 2004. However, plenty of folks have made the switch and not looked back. Different strokes different folks.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Sold my 2004 for a Custom Ordered 2015 GT PP / Premium car (loaded with every option, $44.5k sticker)

Seven months later I sold the 2015 for a 2003 cobra.

I missed the rawness of my 2004. However, plenty of folks have made the switch and not looked back. Different strokes different folks.

i remember seeing some pics of yours on here, that was a sweet looking coyote!

Zemedici

Established Member
i remember seeing some pics of yours on here, that was a sweet looking coyote!

Thank you sir!!!! I was happy where she ended up.

20933483481_1389cbfb09.jpg

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I really like that wheel package, especially on black! I love my MC Cobra but i think i could've lived with that Coyot of yours!

DropSVT

Established Member
If i could have a restart i never would have wasted my time buying a 2016 gt. I had both my 2016 and cobra at the same time and only liked the 2016 for the smooth feel but hated the power band. I always tell people it feels like a honda the way it kicks in so late but i know that can be fixed with a tune. Sold the 2016 within a few months of owning it. The sheer power and feel that comes with the cobra cant be replaced imo but then again ive always had a hard on for sn95s.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

wjfawb0

Established Member
The above discussion is why I want a twin screw blower on my 2015 GT. It's a great car for trips and fun in its own way, but it's not as exciting as my 2003 Cobra with an upper, port, intake, and exhaust. I don't particularly care for push button start or the crappy base GT stereo that's damn near impossible to fix correctly.

SteedaX47

Established Member
I know this thread is old as hell but for the sake of possibly helping someone make a decision ill put in my .02

I had an 04 cobra that had a 2.76 upper and an axleback. Thats it. Was my first PD car and loved it at first (came from a 4v swapped/turbod 97gt). But the blower got old to me. I started to dislike the predictable nature of the blown setup and was planning to turbo it. I sold the car before i could get to that point.

Fast forward to a month ago, I bought a 6r80 2017 base gt with the 3.15 rear gear. As much as i disliked the blower on the cobra... man i really took the power curve for granted and didnt realize how much id actually miss it.

On top of the power curve, the s550 feels very numb compared to the cobra... but damn, ill take the ride/feel of this car any day over the terminator.

I dislike the seat height in the s550 as my head is only an inch from the roof and im only 5'11"...

The bottom line is: I cant wait to boost my s550. I do wish i could have both but other than having a car payment, i dont regret the purchase one bit.

Users who are viewing this thread