Question for anyone stationed overseas

asierra1

Established Member
Hey guys,

I just got an assignment to Ramstein, and had a couple questions as far as my vehicles. First off, I have an 03 cobra (weekend car with lots of mods) and a 00 lightning (daily mostly stock). Would it better to take the car or the truck? Also, I heard that American vehicles such as these sell for a much higher price over there. Is this true? If that's the case, I might take the truck, sell it over there, and by a cheap daily there. What do you guys think? Any opinions or thoughts are welcomed.

Thanks!

Alex

Last edited:

03cobraracer

Established Member
muscle cars can sell there for more that is true. I just pcsed from Germany last week spent 3 years there. I will say I didn't bring my cobra and it was my biggest regret, the roads are sick and it woulda been awesome to have it there. My vote is to bring the car, but if you do put a valet tune on the car so it wont go above 3k rpm or so for shipping so nobody can beat on your car or anything. just food for thought. I saw a few lightnings there but idk if that would sell as well as the car. I vote the car

asierra1

Established Member
Thanks man. The car will NEVER be for sale, but if it's worth it, I'd definitely take it there. A valet tune sounds like a genius idea. Good call

Ponyracer1

Established Member
Take them both? Let the .gov ship your lightening and ding it all up and not pay for it like they did my Durango a few yrs back. Then pay out of pocket for the cobra. $2800 was the last number I heard leaving the uk a few years back, that was for a single car shipping container, port to east coast port. That's what I'm doing with mine when my next pcs time arrives this time next year.

Previous Germany guys, what about emissions? My Cobra doesn't have a shred of smog stuff on it. The UK is hard on that, how about Germany? Italy?

Users who are viewing this thread