Question about VMP Gen 2 peak boost

kallen

Established Member
So I had my newly installed VMP 2.3 dynoed Monday, '03 with a 2.8 pulley and stock lower. I expected to see around 18 psi, but it actually peaked at 20.7. Not that it's a bad thing, just curious why. Car has stock manifolds, no cats. Any ideas? It was also recommended I run Torco for insurance, only 93 octane where I am.

Sent from my XT1585 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So I had my newly installed VMP 2.3 dynoed Monday, '03 with a 2.8 pulley and stock lower. I expected to see around 18 psi, but it actually peaked at 20.7. Not that it's a bad thing, just curious why. Car has stock manifolds, no cats. Any ideas? It was also recommended I run Torco for insurance, only 93 octane where I am.

Well that's about right depending on your elevation. Here's what mine has seen.

3" pulley with stock manifolds was 18lbs.
3" pulley with headers was 17lbs.
2.8" pulley with headers is 19lbs.
2.6" pulley with headers 21lbs.

As you can see the headers provide about 1psi drop. I would be at 20lbs with the 2.8 with stock manifolds.

I'd suggest going with a 3.0 or even a 3.1 upper if you don't plan on running e85.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

kallen

Established Member
Interesting, I'm about 350 above sea level, just didn't expect to see that much boost. I got a case of Torco in the mail today so I'll be running that with 93. Hell, if I'm running Torco anyway I may up the boost a little more lol.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
What were your numbers and what type of dyno! You can’t say you had your car on the dyno and NOT post numbers! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Nice. I got 17.7 peak boost with a 3" upper in 90 degree and humid temps. When it's really hot like 100 deg (I live in TX now so every day lol) I only see about 15.5-16lbs but when it was cool and crisp in the MO fall like 60 degrees it would smoke past the 16lbs max on the Hilton Overlay fast. The 17.7lbs peak was from the most it read on the dyno runs. Stock manifolds, OR mid

Users who are viewing this thread