question about tuners...tuners welcome

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
I had a sct x3 for my last car. It had some download issues. Although the most recent revision helped alot, there are so many other tuners out.
Diablo in tune, itsx, trinity, ford pro cal, livewire, etc..
what features for which tuners do people like?
and for the tuners, which would you rather the masses use for ease of tuning?

I like some of the screens that stick to the windshield for monitoring several parameters. Something the x3 cant do.

any input?

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we offer the diablo tuners, but only with the canned tunes, for custom tuning we use lund and sct products.

you do have some sct products that have more functions as well such as the itsx or livewire

Eric@jpc

Established Member
The Trinity is pretty cool for monitoring things live. We use it all the time when cruising in the shop 2011.

You can look at the Lambda, IAT, Speed. Pretty Much what ever you want.

The Intune is great in how easy it is to down load a tune its USB not Fire Wire and basically its Drag and Drop just like say a USB Flash Drive.

Obviously SCT is used by the masses. So you get alot of options on tuners. and it has pretty much become the industry standard for mustangs.

I have not used SCT TSX Obviously you have used the X3 so you know how that works.

We provide tuning for both try to be as well rounded as possible so we dont leave people out.

I could always throw this out there, Diablo is used on the worlds fastest Stock ECU 2011+

Either way my suggestion is Hardware a side you need to find a tuner and see what they prefer. Some tuners will do anything and some dont.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I use the SCT iTSX, and despite the bad reviews it gets, it has been flawless for me (I just keep up on the app and firmware updates). You simply open the iTSX App from your iPhone, pod, or pad, and grab your favorite tuners custom tune from your email…couple buttons later its uploading.
You can also data log and view a handful of live parameters while you cruise. Its all done wirelessly via a dongle that plugs into your OBD port which communicates with your device via bluetooth.
I'm in the process of mounting my iPad Mini on the dash so I can use iTSX, Pandora, Nav, etc. from there.

Users who are viewing this thread