Question about spacers.

AbrahamSVT03

Established Member
hello guys.

My question is that if the spacers are safe to use it while running on the streets ? and daily drive ?

I ask this cause i wanna keep my Stock Wheels in my personal opinion this wheesls are the best ones ( On the looks ) but i want to updrage to a 315s tire and im afraid that they will not fit on my 17 x 9 wheels , so it would be safe to get some spacers to be able to put this tires?

And the looks are the same with spacers than without spacers?

Thanks guys. !

Bigggy

Established Member
First of all 315 on 9" inch wheel is not a good idea!
Second, yes it is safe, simply have at least 8 turn on your wheel nut left or swap out the studs or use good spacers with integrated studs.

315 need a 10.5-11" rim...

Yulla

SVT Noob
Established Member
Second, yes it is safe, simply have at least 8 turn on your wheel nut left or swap out the studs or use good spacers with integrated studs.

Listen to this man, that sums it up nicely.

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member

Winner. All you need to know.

Rambro

Established Member
You can run a 315 nitto 555r on a 17x9, I did for years with no problems.

Bigggy

Established Member
You can run a 315 nitto 555r on a 17x9, I did for years with no problems.

You can, but it's not the best, the contact patch won't be optimal nor the sidewall. Also Nitos are knowed to be narrow compared to BFG, Toyo etc.

Personally I ran a 295 on a 10" rim with a H&R Trak+ 1" spacer and now my setup is 315 Falken RT-615K on a 10.5" rim with custom made 15mm spacer + extender lug nuts (moroso).

Last edited:

WireMesh

Established Member
I used to have spacers in only the rear to help my stock wheels fill out the wheel well. They were good and safe and I autox'd the car with them. Make sure you get ones that are machined and hub centric. Mine are just sitting around now as I don't have them on with my new wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread