Question about jlp air intake

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
I just got a jlp air intake from the classifieds. It is missing the bolts that bolt the maf to the intake. Anybody know wat size bolts these are? Thanks in advance

txyaloo

Established Member
I bought one that was missing the bolts as well. I tried several different sizes on mine and could never find one with a thread pitch that matched. JLP couldn't tell me either. I finally went to Lowes, bought some new nuts and bolts, knocked off the old bolts from the intake and attached it that way.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
if worst comes to worst ANY vendor that sells the billet MAF filter should be able to supply the bolts. Tim at chikenears may also be a good bet

txyaloo

Established Member
I might just go with some short bolts with a nut on backside.

I found that to be the easiest solution after waiting over a week for JLP to get back with me. The factory nuts are just welded on two sides. They're easy to clip off with a dremel. Then you can either weld a new standard sized nut in place, use jb weld, or just leave them loose.

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
thanks for the reply. there are no nuts in place on the intake. i was wondering if there was supposed to be or not. no big deal at all. ill just use bolts and nuts to bolt it up. I am going to paint it anyway. its silver but got a good deal on it so in a couple days it will be black

txyaloo

Established Member
If it's the intake below, there should be "captive" nuts where the maf attaches. If not, someone probably did the same as me and ripped them out.

image.php

CSHEETS

Lightning no more
Established Member
Send me a PM with your address and I will send you one. I have a old JLP intake that I don't use since I have the 2.6 now.

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
thanks for the offer. i put the intake on today with short bolts and nuts. didnt really like the look of it. gonna paint it black or sonic blue and try again. ill stick with my air force one.

Users who are viewing this thread