Question about Changing S/C Oil

M1GarandGuy

Established Member
So I cracked open the plug and oil started to come out - obviously the level is ok. It sure stunk and was a dark color (green?). Do I really need to change it after all? The truck has 53k miles on it and is 100% stock.

_XXX_

Established Member
I would... can't hurt anything and isn't really a expensive thing to do. I have always changed my fluids (besides Engine oil) after about 15k sometimes less if I am bored lol

M1GarandGuy

Established Member
Just did it. Not alot came out with the turkey baster but I think thats because alot of spillage happened when i took the plug out. Couldn't really shove the straw in threw the tinyness inside. I squirted as much new stuff in as i could and shoved and screwed the plug back in.

It makes a creeking sound at idle, pretty sure it did before. Is that normal? Took it for a 5 mile drive and no funny sounds, behaviors. I imagine that if it was low, I would've gotten a CEL or some bad, expensive noise, right?

Thanks for the help.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
The blower oil is rated for 100K, no reason to change it beforehand unless you just want to or if the s/c is disassembled. The oil smells from being enclosed, same as diff or manual trans oil, nothing wrong with it.

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
A creeking sound is not normal.

Take the blelt off and spin the blower by hand. It'll spin fairly easy by hand and not feel rough or make any grinding noises.

Rich

_XXX_

Established Member
... I am over doing it a bit I guess I have read oil was good for a 100k as well however I still want the fluid flushed and replaced atleast once a year

Users who are viewing this thread