Question about ARD

youngone

I hate ugly people
Established Member
I went through the ARD program after getting a DUI in 2009. I was told after completing the ARD program my record would be expunged and only the DMV would see the DUI, no one else

Here's the problem. I'm being told that even though I completed ARD and my record being expunged it still disqualifies me from State jobs, LEO jobs and Corrections jobs. Is this true??

I thought ARD was supposed to be like it never happened. I'm currently looking at the Corrections field but apparently I cant because the DUI disqualifies me.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
I went through the ARD program after getting a DUI in 2009. I was told after completing the ARD program my record would be expunged and only the DMV would see the DUI, no one else

Here's the problem. I'm being told that even though I completed ARD and my record being expunged it still disqualifies me from State jobs, LEO jobs and Corrections jobs. Is this true??

I thought ARD was supposed to be like it never happened. I'm currently looking at the Corrections field but apparently I cant because the DUI disqualifies me.

Law enforcement will forever have access to your criminal record, expunged or not.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Where do you live that a "dui" automatically disqualifies you?

While it may make things more difficult and you may have to wait a little longer than the 1-2 years it has been, I wouldn't think it would automatically DQ you. Especially Corrections.

While some crimes/arrests (felony, domestic violence) will automatically DQ you, normally those types (dui) vary from agency to agency.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

I've never known any state to expunge without a proper motion to expunge from the defendant and then it is not a given.

Further, as pointed out above the arrest will always come up on a LEO B.I. Regardless, when you fill out the application where it asks if you've ever been arrested you have to put yes and then explain.

mustanginky

Established Member
It can probably be expunged, but a background investigator will see it. G/l though, get it expunged, wait a few years if it already hasn't been, and apply. Worst they can say is no. I had a buddy get hired on LMPD after he was found guilty of a DUI, years prior though.

Users who are viewing this thread