Quadrant & IRS Brace Install?

SouthTXSnake

Established Member
Quick question on installing these parts. I don't have access to a lift but do have rhino ramps, jack stands and a jack. Can I do this safely in my garage? Will I be able to access the bell housing cover plate with just the ramps? I really don't want to pay to get this installed. Thanks.

JP

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I know puttin the brace is a little PITA, no clue about the quadrant...subscribing

sassafras

Established Member
Take your front seat out when you change out the quad. It can be done with it in there but it takes what 5 minutes to remove the drivers side front seat. You'll thank me when you realize how much easier it makes it.

ASUSMC

Oh Hi!!!
Established Member
Brace is going to be a bit of a punk to do with just jack stands. It can be done but its not fun. Quadrant isn't hard, I have done a couple. I have wide shoulders and actually ended up trapped in my car while doing the quadrant when my shoulders hit the button and the seat moved all the way forward. Taking it out would probably make it WAY EASIER

Evan5469

Established Member
If you go to the Maximum Motorsports website and click the Install Instructions. They have a how-to for a quadrant install that I used a couple weeks ago for mine.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
When you do the IRS Diff brace , totaly take off and re seal the cover or it will eventualy leak !!
I used a friends lift and on ramps it would be HARD but could be done.

venomous99

Established Member
im in the process of doing the billetflow brace right now. if you're doing a spring install, now is the time to do the brace as you'll be able to raise and lower the irs to access all the bolts easily but this isnt mandatory. i would imagine it being more difficult to reach the top bolts. you will need to still unbolt the front diff mounts to raise the irs to acces bolt 3. bolt 7, which is the rear diff mount is a different story.

SouthTXSnake

Established Member
Thanks for the tips!! I'll definately take the seat out for the quadrant install. As for the brace, I might wait to see if I can find someone with a lift. I don't like getting under the car, without the proper safety precautions, if I don't have to.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Thanks for the tips!! I'll definately take the seat out for the quadrant install. As for the brace, I might wait to see if I can find someone with a lift. I don't like getting under the car, without the proper safety precautions, if I don't have to.

Good thinkin', you would be amazed by how much time you will save on a lift

TrickStang37

Established Member
Stock one is a POS and I'm starting to have some issues shifting. I'm going to go ahead and get the Fiore FWA, Steeda QR and freeplay kit. Car is mostly stock.

LOL the stock one is great. you just have to bend a small tab down there and it works awesome. check out the how to section for it.

your just going to waste $$ on a part that is already there.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I have wide shoulders and actually ended up trapped in my car while doing the quadrant when my shoulders hit the button and the seat moved all the way forward.

hahahaha i lol'd!

i did the IRS brace with Rhino ramps in my garage. Just follow the directions given with the brace, took me maybe an hour?

Havent done the quadrant, i have a Fiore Quadrant and Adjuster waiting to be installed, and not looking forward to it.

Last edited:

SouthTXSnake

Established Member
hahahaha i lol'd!

i did the IRS brace with Rhino ramps in my garage. Just follow the directions given with the brace, took me maybe an hour?

Havent done the quadrant, i have a Fiore Quadrant and Adjuster waiting to be installed, and not looking forward to it.

Good to hear someone was successful in using the ramps.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread