Quad shock clearance

Mustanganatic

FOG
Established Member
Can anyone tell me if there is any fitment issue, ie. tire clearance with the quad shock with a '95 17" x 9" R wheel with 275/40s? I'm lowering it with H&R Sport springs, about an 1". Any quarter panel clearance issues either? I'm getting them mounted on Wednesday and would like to see if anyone else has these.
Thanks.

WillyB93

Established Member
Go to foxbody cobras and read the weldcraft wheel widening thread they talk alot about running 275 tires???

93sspcoupe

Established Member
my buddy and i both have 275 tire on our foxes and they dont hit the quad shock both been lowered too

Mustanganatic

FOG
Established Member
my buddy and i both have 275 tire on our foxes and they dont hit the quad shock both been lowered too

Thanks a lot, I didn't want to mount them and find out there was a problem. I already sent back a set of 255/40s. I originally wanted to go with them all around, but they wouldn't have worked in the front.

93sspcoupe

Established Member
i'm running a 255 40 17 on my front. only time they rub is when i cut the steering all the way.

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
Can anyone tell me if there is any fitment issue, ie. tire clearance with the quad shock with a '95 17" x 9" R wheel with 275/40s? I'm lowering it with H&R Sport springs, about an 1". Any quarter panel clearance issues either? I'm getting them mounted on Wednesday and would like to see if anyone else has these.
Thanks.

Hey budd no issues hear i am running 275's on the same make of rime and tire size but the only diff. is running 18's but know issues hear just when i make a sharp turn in the rear and going over a bump in the road i get a slight rub but took care of that by betting the inner body on the inside just a tad and took care the problem. so hope that helps.

stangposse

Established Member
Remove the quad shocks and you'll have nothing to worry about. You don't need them anyway.

wheelhopper

Established Member
As stated, if you have installed aftermarket control arms and springs, then you won't miss the quad shocks.

Also, I run 255/40/17s on all around on my '90 and have no rubbing issues at all. I am using H&R race springs.

Users who are viewing this thread