QMP or Superior

TRMN8RCRIS

Established Member
I took my motor to a local machine shop and I ended up having problems with them and don't trust them building my motor anymore. I started looking up some different shops and found QMP and Superior, which one is a better choice for building modular motors?

TRMN8RCRIS

Established Member
They honed/bored the block .020 over, not sure if they used a torque plate or not, I'll have the new shop check the block for roundness, I am also just thinking about getting a teksid.

TRMN8RCRIS

Established Member
I see that after they quote me, any word on superior they are a little cheaper, I'd go with L&R but they say my problem is too time consuming. I sent an email and called MHP and he never got back with me. I'm also being told to ship to L&M but I am a little skeptical on shipping a disassembled motor and I'm not to sure if they are in my budget.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Is Superior the one that used to be in Anaheim, but moved? If that's the one I think it I'd stay away. I took my old Teksid block there and while they're a good machine shop they didn't know a whole lot about modulars. Granted this was a few years ago and things change.

Personally I prefer keeping things like this close to home. Just in case something happens. How good are your skills? Assembling a mod motor isn't that hard.

Users who are viewing this thread