Q & A Session... - Ask a Ford Dealer

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Have you ever been asked to remove these decals? If so how big a deal is it? I've seen a few of these for sale and some are optioned the way I like, but I'm not big on the decals.

View attachment 1697647

Yes. When the truck is brand new, they come right off. The longer they've been on, the harder they are to remove. Also, the longer they've been on in hot climates, the more likely there is to be sun damage to the paint and there will be a noticeable difference between where there was bare paint, and where the decals had been.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes. When the truck is brand new, they come right off. The longer they've been on, the harder they are to remove. Also, the longer they've been on in hot climates, the more likely there is to be sun damage to the paint and there will be a noticeable difference between where there was bare paint, and where the decals had been.
We had someone buy a new Raptor with all the bedside stickers and wanted them taken off..

But ya, you might need to use a little heat to help persuade them off. Then the truck will most likely have to spend a day with a detailer

19Mystic96

Established Member
I've been looking at ordering a 2022 F250 tremor. are the wait times (12-16wks) still realistic with covid set backs and parts availability? or could it be much longer than that?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've been looking at ordering a 2022 F250 tremor. are the wait times (12-16wks) still realistic with covid set backs and parts availability? or could it be much longer than that?

At least.

They haven't even started producing 22s yet.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
ah. yea they told me they were taking orders, but production hasnt started yet. they said 12-16wks after they start production.

when does production usually start?

"Usually" isn't even in Ford's vocabulary right now. They stopped 21 orders about 5 months soon than usual. I haven't see a set in stone start date for MY22 yet.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
"Usually" isn't even in Ford's vocabulary right now. They stopped 21 orders about 5 months soon than usual. I haven't see a set in stone start date for MY22 yet.
Is it better to get the order in sooner than later? Or because of the chip shortage it won't matter because the trucks will still be partially assembled?

7upstang

Established Member
Currently in the middle of purchasing a truck out of state. Taking a loan out through Bank of America for part of the loan and paying the rest with a check. This is going in my company, so I have provided the EIN to them as well. Sales guy text me today to send a picture of my Social Security card because they have had fraud recently. Never in my life have I provided a social security card. Told the finance manager this wasn't going to work for me. Is this standard procedure for an out of state client?

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I bought my cobra in Iowa (KS resident) at a dealership up there. Gave them my credit card for a $500 deposit and that was it until I got there to do the credit app.
Currently in the middle of purchasing a truck out of state. Taking a loan out through Bank of America for part of the loan and paying the rest with a check. This is going in my company, so I have provided the EIN to them as well. Sales guy text me today to send a picture of my Social Security card because they have had fraud recently. Never in my life have I provided a social security card. Told the finance manager this wasn't going to work for me. Is this standard procedure for an out of state client?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Will you be going to the dealership to pick it up?

Sent from my Potato

7upstang

Established Member
No I'll be shipping it in.

Bank of America overnighted them a check.

I don't understand when I told him I wasn't comfortable with it they didn't make a big deal out of it anymore. Kind of weird.
Will you be going to the dealership to pick it up?

Sent from my Potato

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No I'll be shipping it in.

Bank of America overnighted them a check.

I don't understand when I told him I wasn't comfortable with it they didn't make a big deal out of it anymore. Kind of weird.

That is super strange.

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Are there benefits or downsides to leasing for 2-3 years then financing at the end of the lease?

My GF had a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport she did this on and it worked out well for her (so we think) where she kept a lease payment under $400, then financed after keeping the payment under $400. I have no idea what the money factor or rates were but she was content. We ended up selling it to Vroom for her MSRP price so she pocketed $6K after making mostly lease payments and 50K miles.

She ordered a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S which MSRP'd for closer to $40K with a lease payment at $400. We're afraid she won't have the same situation at the end of the lease and the finance may be too high for her which she could always try to sell and hope it held up well value wise to get out from it. Financing right from the hit, 7 years at 7% puts her at a $650/mo. payment so she's rethinking the whole thing and might now look elsewhere. What are your thoughts about her still going forward with a 3 year lease and financing or selling towards the end of it? I'm 50/50 thinking it may not be wise but I can't not think they hold their value extremely well and maintenance/parts are all easy to come by. Plus she'll really enjoy it. If there are any details or variables we should be concerned about, your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Since you work for Ford, what are your thoughts about the Ford Ecosport? That might meet her budget if she doesn't go with the Jeep.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are there benefits or downsides to leasing for 2-3 years then financing at the end of the lease?

My GF had a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport she did this on and it worked out well for her (so we think) where she kept a lease payment under $400, then financed after keeping the payment under $400. I have no idea what the money factor or rates were but she was content. We ended up selling it to Vroom for her MSRP price so she pocketed $6K after making mostly lease payments and 50K miles.

She ordered a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S which MSRP'd for closer to $40K with a lease payment at $400. We're afraid she won't have the same situation at the end of the lease and the finance may be too high for her which she could always try to sell and hope it held up well value wise to get out from it. Financing right from the hit, 7 years at 7% puts her at a $650/mo. payment so she's rethinking the whole thing and might now look elsewhere. What are your thoughts about her still going forward with a 3 year lease and financing or selling towards the end of it? I'm 50/50 thinking it may not be wise but I can't not think they hold their value extremely well and maintenance/parts are all easy to come by. Plus she'll really enjoy it. If there are any details or variables we should be concerned about, your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Since you work for Ford, what are your thoughts about the Ford Ecosport? That might meet her budget if she doesn't go with the Jeep.

Leasing right now is great, residuals will be HIGH. In three years, it won't be worth what her residual is, so she can just turn it back in. At that point is where she'll have to decide whether leasing the next one is the right move or not.

Also, I think you meant 6 year (72 month loan) not 7 year (84 month loan). Rates are significantly lower than 7% with decent credit. We see a lot in the 2-3% range.

I'd lease now, and look at buying later.

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Leasing right now is great, residuals will be HIGH. In three years, it won't be worth what her residual is, so she can just turn it back in. At that point is where she'll have to decide whether leasing the next one is the right move or not.

Also, I think you meant 6 year (72 month loan) not 7 year (84 month loan). Rates are significantly lower than 7% with decent credit. We see a lot in the 2-3% range.

I'd lease now, and look at buying later.

They said they would do 84 months with $0 down which comes out to $640.09. Assuming the tax/title/fees get wrapping back into the loan it would put it around $43K which is around 7% to come up with a $640.09 monthly payment. I don't have exact numbers except the MSRP which was $39,500.

I'm thinking the only way to go with this is lease it and see what happens at the end of the lease or go with a cheaper car all together. Do you have an opinion on the Ecosport? I assume it won't hold value at all compared to the Jeep.

Thanks again for your time. We're in Eastern PA and I know you ship but could be interested in working with you as well on a new car.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They said they would do 84 months with $0 down which comes out to $640.09. Assuming the tax/title/fees get wrapping back into the loan it would put it around $43K which is around 7% to come up with a $640.09 monthly payment. I don't have exact numbers except the MSRP which was $39,500.

I'm thinking the only way to go with this is lease it and see what happens at the end of the lease or go with a cheaper car all together. Do you have an opinion on the Ecosport? I assume it won't hold value at all compared to the Jeep.

Thanks again for your time. We're in Eastern PA and I know you ship but could be interested in working with you as well on a new car.

No, the EcoSport won't hold the value like the Jeep will.

I promise at the end of this 3 year lease, the Jeep will be worth less than the buyout cost.

noco5.0

Established Member
I recently bought my wife a certified used Lincoln. As part of the deal I traded in a Ford Explorer that I was leasing. The lease was almost up and with the used car prices the trade in value was way over my buyout. On paper I was buying out the lease then trading it in to the dealer. I received some title paperwork from the dealer on the Explorer requesting I go the DMV and get the Explorer title in my name and mail it back to them. I'm completely irritated by this. In Colorado dealers charge a hefty documentation fee so in my opinion they should be the ones sitting at the DMV dealing with this not me. I signed a power of attorney so it seems like they are trying to get me to do their job. My plan is to call the store GM and push back on this request or at a minimum make them compensate me for my time. Am I out of line in my thinking? Thanks

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I recently bought my wife a certified used Lincoln. As part of the deal I traded in a Ford Explorer that I was leasing. The lease was almost up and with the used car prices the trade in value was way over my buyout. On paper I was buying out the lease then trading it in to the dealer. I received some title paperwork from the dealer on the Explorer requesting I go the DMV and get the Explorer title in my name and mail it back to them. I'm completely irritated by this. In Colorado dealers charge a hefty documentation fee so in my opinion they should be the ones sitting at the DMV dealing with this not me. I signed a power of attorney so it seems like they are trying to get me to do their job. My plan is to call the store GM and push back on this request or at a minimum make them compensate me for my time. Am I out of line in my thinking? Thanks
Your power of attorney and the documentation fee is for the purchase of the new vehicle. In order to trade in your Explorer lease and take advantage of the high trade values, you'll have to go to the DMV.

I hear where you're coming from, but the dealer has no ownership over your Explorer or its paperwork until after you "buy it".

Sent from my Potato

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
@13COBRA Have you gotten any word on when the Raptor R is coming out and if it will be allocated like the GT500? I'm still on the fence between getting a '22 Super Duty, '22 Raptor, or possibly a '22 Raptor R, or keeping my '19 Platinum and getting a E63/M5/RS7.

I like the SD because I can put a small plow on it to plow my driveway (1500' long) and it has the capability to do anything I may ever want to do. But here in the NE in the land potholes and goat road I'm afraid the ride will be punishing, and it is too tall for most parking garages around here.

The '22 Raptor is sharp looking but I'm ecoboosted out, I've had 3 in a row, and I'll have cylinder envy every
time a TRX is riding my ass.

The Raptor R would be sweet but there is no information about it. Price, mpg, availability, etc.
I'll address the mpg thing because some people will surely be thinking "If your worried about mpg's don't buy a truck". I say wrong. I road trip in my truck and having to stop every 300 miles for fuel sucks. I love having 600+ mile range in my '19 3.5 and 700+ in my '21 2.7.

I'm also considering a Ram 3500 Longhorn with the Cummins if they put a 9 or 10 spd in it. Which I know you can't help me with.

If I buy a Ford I hope to buy it from you. It would be a great road trip back to PA. I always wanted to see Branson for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread