Q & A Session... - Ask a Ford Dealer

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA Have you gotten any word on when the Raptor R is coming out and if it will be allocated like the GT500? I'm still on the fence between getting a '22 Super Duty, '22 Raptor, or possibly a '22 Raptor R, or keeping my '19 Platinum and getting a E63/M5/RS7.

I like the SD because I can put a small plow on it to plow my driveway (1500' long) and it has the capability to do anything I may ever want to do. But here in the NE in the land potholes and goat road I'm afraid the ride will be punishing, and it is too tall for most parking garages around here.

The '22 Raptor is sharp looking but I'm ecoboosted out, I've had 3 in a row, and I'll have cylinder envy every
time a TRX is riding my ass.

The Raptor R would be sweet but there is no information about it. Price, mpg, availability, etc.
I'll address the mpg thing because some people will surely be thinking "If your worried about mpg's don't buy a truck". I say wrong. I road trip in my truck and having to stop every 300 miles for fuel sucks. I love having 600+ mile range in my '19 3.5 and 700+ in my '21 2.7.

I'm also considering a Ram 3500 Longhorn with the Cummins if they put a 9 or 10 spd in it. Which I know you can't help me with.

If I buy a Ford I hope to buy it from you. It would be a great road trip back to PA. I always wanted to see Branson for some reason.
Raptor R will be stoutly in the six figures, and be similar to the CFTP/CFHP GT500s.

I'd go 22 Super Duty.

Would be more than happy to help you out!

Sent from my Potato

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Bump…

@13COBRA - As you know, I was looking into trading my car in for an SUV and thanks to you, actually got them up to $10,500 trade (started at 9).

I have bought two cars from MO and each time was able to opt out of MO taxes since I would have to pay KS taxes when I registered. I for one do NOT want my taxes rolled into my loan because I’ll be paying interest on that.

Today, I traded my car in on the SUV I wanted and noticed during the paperwork, the taxes were on there and much higher than I expected. Guy said I HAD to do that and if I overpaid, then I’d get a refund when I registered.

The odd thing is, they accounted for the taxes on the list price of the SUV, not including my trade-in. My expectation was taxes would be based in the new list price AFTER trade-in. That’s the whole point in trading in, right?

So my question is, has MO law changed in the last 4 years that an out of state buyer has to pay MO taxes and have them included in the loan? Shouldn’t the trade amount be factored in before taxes are factored? Lastly, if I’m right and got shafted, what’s the best course of action?

Am I reading this right? (No idea why it’s posting sideways)

Edit: List price was $43,997.00
70E85473-4AB1-442C-8F4B-06E790BF16C4.jpeg

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bump…

@13COBRA - As you know, I was looking into trading my car in for an SUV and thanks to you, actually got them up to $10,500 trade (started at 9).

I have bought two cars from MO and each time was able to opt out of MO taxes since I would have to pay KS taxes when I registered. I for one do NOT want my taxes rolled into my loan because I’ll be paying interest on that.

Today, I traded my car in on the SUV I wanted and noticed during the paperwork, the taxes were on there and much higher than I expected. Guy said I HAD to do that and if I overpaid, then I’d get a refund when I registered.

The odd thing is, they accounted for the taxes on the list price of the SUV, not including my trade-in. My expectation was taxes would be based in the new list price AFTER trade-in. That’s the whole point in trading in, right?

So my question is, has MO law changed in the last 4 years that an out of state buyer has to pay MO taxes and have them included in the loan? Shouldn’t the trade amount be factored in before taxes are factored? Lastly, if I’m right and got shafted, what’s the best course of action?

Am I reading this right? (No idea why it’s posting sideways)

Edit: List price was $43,997.00
View attachment 1742409

Excellent, I'm glad they were willing to work with you on your trade.

1st off, even calculating it for the full amount of the purchase price, they're assuming your sales tax is 11.22%? That's insane. The sales tax should be based off of $43,997-10,500 (trade). At worst, your sales tax should have been around 10%, AT WORST.

Have they already provided you with a check for the $4,936.38, or are they sending it to your local titling department?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Excellent, I'm glad they were willing to work with you on your trade.

1st off, even calculating it for the full amount of the purchase price, they're assuming your sales tax is 11.22%? That's insane. The sales tax should be based off of $43,997-10,500 (trade). At worst, your sales tax should have been around 10%, AT WORST.

Have they already provided you with a check for the $4,936.38, or are they sending it to your local titling department?
Just got off the phone with them. They said they are mailing me a check and everything else needed to get the vehicle registered. They said I should expect a refund and I should be squared away... I'll do the math once I get something back and if the added interest I'll pay from the taxes in the loan is minimal, then I'll let it be. If it's a nice steak dinner, then I'll be asking for a refund.

The kicker is, during the test drive the AC wasn't working the day I went to get it (Thursday). After having to rush Friday to get everything squared away so we could trek back home (sick kid and hotel checkout at 12, thanks to them extending it), I learned on the drive home the drivers AC seat isn't working, so I have to take it into Acura here and get that fixed. It's a CPO 2019 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid. Da faq...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just got off the phone with them. They said they are mailing me a check and everything else needed to get the vehicle registered. They said I should expect a refund and I should be squared away... I'll do the math once I get something back and if the added interest I'll pay from the taxes in the loan is minimal, then I'll let it be. If it's a nice steak dinner, then I'll be asking for a refund.

The kicker is, during the test drive the AC wasn't working the day I went to get it (Thursday). After having to rush Friday to get everything squared away so we could trek back home (sick kid and hotel checkout at 12, thanks to them extending it), I learned on the drive home the drivers AC seat isn't working, so I have to take it into Acura here and get that fixed. It's a CPO 2019 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid. Da faq...

Technically, since you put $10k down..in your mind you can allocate that to taxes. If you were planning on paying the $10k down, plus coming out of pocket for the taxes, just send whatever the tax cost would be straight to the lien holder now and it'll knock it off the loan and no interest will be incurred on that portion.

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
Not a Ford dealer but my GF is trying to buy an Outlander from a Mitsubishi dealer and they were trying to add on a bunch of BS for over $5k for shit she don't want or need and giving her a ridiculous interest rate (her score is 775), MSRP was $33,565 and their numbers were coming to over $50k for the loan. I haven't bought many new cars, just my WRX and I had that worked out before I went to the dealer and they didn't try any sneaky shit with me or anything, so it was easy..

The Mitsubishi dealer were playing games from the start.. so we walked away because they were trying to straight screw her and refused to take off the $5k add-on for shit that was not even on the car yet. Said instead of charging over MSRP they put it together like that so people at least got something out of it. I started cussing and we left.

She left a shitty review for them and the Owner and GM contacted her, said they would make her happy and get her deal done.. she won't talk to them until I am with her, so probably tomorrow or friday.. my question is, do we even waste our time talking to the Owner or GM or whatever?.. How do I approach this? Do I just request the vehicle at MSRP or $500 under now, for the hassle?.. plus taxes, title and shit? She was going to put $8,000 down, but rolling over $3k from her trade in. She should be able to get under 3.5% interest with a 775 score, right or wrong?

Just looking for any advice here... I have never been in this spot... Don't know if we should go elsewhere or give them a chance to make it right.

Thanks

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I would stay away from Mitsubishi.

Especially for 34k

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
First off if you are not comfortable with the deal or dealer I would just walk away. Second with a 775 credit score she would most likely be eligible for whatever the lowest tier rate is offered. My credit union is still 1.95% for qualified buyers. I would expect her to be able to find a similar rate.

Not a Ford dealer but my GF is trying to buy an Outlander from a Mitsubishi dealer and they were trying to add on a bunch of BS for over $5k for shit she don't want or need and giving her a ridiculous interest rate (her score is 775), MSRP was $33,565 and their numbers were coming to over $50k for the loan. I haven't bought many new cars, just my WRX and I had that worked out before I went to the dealer and they didn't try any sneaky shit with me or anything, so it was easy..

The Mitsubishi dealer were playing games from the start.. so we walked away because they were trying to straight screw her and refused to take off the $5k add-on for shit that was not even on the car yet. Said instead of charging over MSRP they put it together like that so people at least got something out of it. I started cussing and we left.

She left a shitty review for them and the Owner and GM contacted her, said they would make her happy and get her deal done.. she won't talk to them until I am with her, so probably tomorrow or friday.. my question is, do we even waste our time talking to the Owner or GM or whatever?.. How do I approach this? Do I just request the vehicle at MSRP or $500 under now, for the hassle?.. plus taxes, title and shit? She was going to put $8,000 down, but rolling over $3k from her trade in. She should be able to get under 3.5% interest with a 775 score, right or wrong?

Just looking for any advice here... I have never been in this spot... Don't know if we should go elsewhere or give them a chance to make it right.

Thanks

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Thanks

The $5k in adds.. were they "hard adds" like nitrogen tires, paint protection, etc..or "soft adds" like a warranty, etc?

They were definitely trying to take advantage. Dealers like that give everyone a bad name.

I would stay away from Mitsubishi anyways. Resale is junk.

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
The $5k in adds.. were they "hard adds" like nitrogen tires, paint protection, etc..or "soft adds" like a warranty, etc?

They were definitely trying to take advantage. Dealers like that give everyone a bad name.

I would stay away from Mitsubishi anyways. Resale is junk.

It was some GPS tracker in case it got stolen and then some other stuff like paint protection, no warranty type of stuff, all crap we didn’t need or want.

She plans to keep it for as long as she can, we need the 3rd row and most other 3rd rows are more expensive and she wants to stay under $35k if possible.

First off if you are not comfortable with the deal or dealer I would just walk away. Second with a 775 credit score she would most likely be eligible for whatever the lowest tier rate is offered. My credit union is still 1.95% for qualified buyers. I would expect her to be able to find a similar rate.

Thanks, that’s good to know.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Thanks

Never buy from a dealer that can't provide a good experience. You are spending a lot of money, having a bad taste in your mouth from the experience is just unacceptable.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Never buy from a dealer that can't provide a good experience. You are spending a lot of money, having a bad taste in your mouth from the experience is just unacceptable.

Yup. Drove 50+ miles to another dealer after the local one lied to me about trade ins over 100k miles. Would of bought from them but that lie pissed me off and I went elsewhere. Same thing with my hunt for a 22 expedition. They have a few in stock but I won't bother stopping in from the last experience.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It was some GPS tracker in case it got stolen and then some other stuff like paint protection, no warranty type of stuff, all crap we didn’t need or want.

She plans to keep it for as long as she can, we need the 3rd row and most other 3rd rows are more expensive and she wants to stay under $35k if possible.

Thanks, that’s good to know.

I get it, and definitely stick to a budget.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
@13COBRA What's your opinion on the large SUV market?

Seems like around here the Tahoe/Yukon have been killing it sales wise.
Expedition/Navigator hype seems to have cooled down from their 18/19 model demand but 2022's with the refreshed interior/exterior are hitting the market now.
Then there's the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer which to me is a nice start for Jeep into the large market. I think they have the best in screen dash and the materials used is on par with the others.

Have been debating switching to the 22 Expedition but the Wagoneer has caught our eye.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA What's your opinion on the large SUV market?

Seems like around here the Tahoe/Yukon have been killing it sales wise.
Expedition/Navigator hype seems to have cooled down from their 18/19 model demand but 2022's with the refreshed interior/exterior are hitting the market now.
Then there's the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer which to me is a nice start for Jeep into the large market. I think they have the best in screen dash and the materials used is on par with the others.

Have been debating switching to the 22 Expedition but the Wagoneer has caught our eye.

The Wagoneers are super cool. I drove one a week or two ago. They're just really expensive for the segment, and being a Jeep.

My wife's 2022 Expedition Stealth Performance will be here in a couple of weeks. I think it has an MSRP of $83k or something. It has 440hp and 510 ft/lbs of torque. The bigger screen, etc.

Comes down to personal preference! I love the new Escalade, but couldn't justify the price difference between that and the Expedition. I'm not a huge fan of the Navigator.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Let me know when you get one with leather, large screen. 2 or 4 door.
Any of the lighter colors is preferred. PM Sent - my cell.

We are a LONG ways away from stock units being a thing. I'll save it though.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
We are a LONG ways away from stock units being a thing. I'll save it though.

Local Ford dealer down to 2 F-150 crew new on lot, low point. GMC dealer is up to 6, high point in over a year and a half. Chevy dealer has over a dozen work crew trucks on lot, but sticking to the $10,000 ADM.

Users who are viewing this thread