pypes longtube headers and X pipe

TURBOSNOOP

I know that some people have had fitment issues like collector's hitting the bottom of the floor pan,but other than that what's so bad about them.
I can spend 875ish for pypes or 1000ish for stainless works headers.thanks

Stang Lover

Established Member
I"m in the same boat as you. I was gonna go Pypes but factored in cost of midpipe and i'm close to 1000. I've read extensive reviews on here and FB groups and I've read up on pypes bbk and jba. Pypes was hit or miss and either it was rubbing the steering shaft or hitting the floor board or both. BBK had rust issues at the collector and steering shaft and jba had steering shaft issues and clearance issues. Some say the modifying ended up adding up to the cost of SW kooks etc.

I"m going to order stainless works tomorrow actually. I chose this route because I don't want to be denting up my brand new stuff that I worked hard for. Nothing but great reviews on them and obviously kooks arh etc. As the saying goes you get what you pay for. These are expensive so why not get something worth your money.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
When we got the Pypes about 4 years ago I wasn't familiar with forums and really didn't read about issues with them. We bought them and installed them(what a PITA btw) and never had an issue with them. No rubbing or anything with the collectors or steering shaft. Only issue was the collector bolts kept on coming loose, so we put some metal locking nuts on the bolts and they are just fine now. Good luck with whatever you choose buddy!:)

Users who are viewing this thread