Pypes exhaust with terrible drone

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I just bought a 2010 Roush Hammer and installed a Pypes Super System exhaust. This system has cats and mid pipe mufflers. The car sound good but has a really bad drone. Has anyone experienced this and what did you do about it? I can't live with this:shrug:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
change the muffler design to a straight through system. the chambered mufflers drone on our cars, or just go back to stock roush stuff.

908ssp

Established Member
Mine droned a little now with this setup it doesn't drone at all. All stock parts just moved around.
P1000181.jpg

01MGSVT

Established Member
I just bought a 2010 Roush Hammer and installed a Pypes Super System exhaust. This system has cats and mid pipe mufflers. The car sound good but has a really bad drone. Has anyone experienced this and what did you do about it? I can't live with this:shrug:

If you have the super sytem i believe they come with the pype bombs for tips correct? my girlfriend has the factory H pipe with the pype bombs being the only mod on the car and it drones like crazy. i have an off road h pipe with the violators and there is hardly any drone at all. i think it might be the pype bombs caussing the drone. ive heard people say that there is really no drone with the regular mid muffler system that comes with muffler deletes.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Boy I wish there was a way to find out without cutting them off. I hate to hack up the exhaust only to find out that wasn't it. I bought the bombs because they said it would stop the popping while decelerating. They didn't work. It still does it, just not as loud.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
i have long tubes/offroad h with violators and it drones beyond belief....im going to 2010 gt500 mufflers with a baffle removed to liven them up without the drone.

OP, go back to the roush exhaust, it is much better quality than the pypes and sounds 10x better.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
i have long tubes/offroad h with violators and it drones beyond belief....im going to 2010 gt500 mufflers with a baffle removed to liven them up without the drone.

OP, go back to the roush exhaust, it is much better quality than the pypes and sounds 10x better.

They are on the way. They tell me that the cats will not survive the 20psi. If not should I go with the x or h off road?

Users who are viewing this thread