• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

PVC Gatling Gun or Rocket launcher on Roof of vehicle, legal?

Discussion in 'Donut Shop' started by RedRocketMike, Jun 8, 2016.

1. RedRocketMike

RedRocketMike A Member Well Known Established Member

Obviously this would ruffle some feathers, but I'm curious if you could be fined or arrested for riding around with something like that. I can make something pretty interesting with PVC and paint.

2. Black02GT

Black02GT *Not 2KBlackGT Established Member

Maybe with an orange tip, either way probably not smart. Anyway only chiming in to say go big or go home:
    Airsoft M134a

3. RedRocketMike

[​IMG]

4. Zemedici

Zemedici Well-Known Member Established Member

it seems the amount of interaction you'd have with the police after installing said novelty would far outweigh any 'fun' you would have with it.

5. DHG1078

DHG1078 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Established Member

Maybe install a quick release mount and don't drive around with it on if you don't have to.

6. derklug

derklug Seriously? No, never. Established Member

My neighbor used to restore Jeeps, he had one with a .30 cal machine gun mount in the back. Gun was real but the block and barrel were both welded. He used to drive it around on occasion, but it was mostly for parades. He never got any grief, but it was 40 years ago in a small town.

7. oldmodman

oldmodman Well-Known Member Established Member

I made a fake Thermonuclear Weapon "Dear John" from Dr Strangelove and had it on the roof of my 1961 Ford Falcon Wagon for a while. But this was way back in 1970. Did it because I found a perfect carpet tube being thrown out. Hardest part was having the correct stencil made that said "Nuclear Warhead Handle With Care"
    Got some peculiar looks but the Police didn't seem to care. But this was the tail end of the Hippy Era and they didn't like it.

8. Machdup1

Machdup1 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

When I was about 16 there was a guy we knew that had built a little fort for his son on the edge of his property that bordered an elementary school. In the fort was a demilled, but real, Browning M1919 machine gun with school yard as its field of fire and no one cared. Imagine if someone tried that today.

9. thgach

thgach Member Established Member

Lol...I luv this idea

10. CV355

CV355 Well-Known Member Established Member

When I was 17, I made an 8' tall snowman with a PVC potato cannon mounted on his arm. It was pointed at traffic. The other arm held up a middle finger.

The cops got called on us. They showed up, laughed their asses off, took pictures with it, and drove off. I don't know if we could really get away with that anymore.

11. Buckwheat 1

Buckwheat 1 I love it Lucy Established Member Established Member

If you are going to do it.At least hook up a Co2 tank to it so you can fire electrical wire nuts at people tailgating or texting.

12. RedRocketMike

Brilliant
    [​IMG]

I've got this truck looking awesome. I cut the paint, refinished the grill and all the lights, just redid the headliner and a bunch of other loose ends. Still haven't made any mock weapons of mass destruction for the roof.