Put your phone down

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Went out o dinner last night with the family, and 90% of the people were glued to their phones. Gone are the days of engaging each other. I don't agree with parents letting their kids bring tablets or phones to restaurants either.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I've been seeing this for years.

The worst is when it's just 2 people sitting across from each other, both staring at their screens.

I don't use my phone at a restaurant unless I'm on call that week and need to check email or voicemail.

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree. People who are on their phone while at the table eating are rude AF.

Sent from my SM-N950U while eating breakfast with my family surfing the web nonstop

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I'm never on my phone unless I need directions or to make a call. I'm sure my iPhone is one of the least used iPhones in the US.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I’m on mine more than I want to be...

But my wife is ****ing horrible about it. It’s ****ing annoying, and Lord save me if I mention it.

Sometimes it’s better for my mood if she’s in her own world instead of screwing up mine.

My wife is a realtor, so I've grown used to her getting calls/texts during dinner or even as late as 9 pm at night.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
My wife is a realtor, so I've grown used to her getting calls/texts during dinner or even as late as 9 pm at night.

Work stuff is different, I can understand that.

My wife just goes into full checked-out mode. Either looking at stupid shit, or randomly scrolling though meaningless bullshit.

Doesn’t matter if it’s around the house after work, at dinner, or laying in bed before I get shot down at a piece of ass, her face is glued to that stupid piece of shit.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
When out with a bunch of people at dinner we like to play a game. We all take our phones out and stack them at the center of the table. First one to pick up their phone pays the bill.

I saw a young mom yesterday with what looked to be a 2 year old in a shopping cart at the grocery store yesterday. The kid was watching some video on an iPad. All I could think is that the mom is missing an opportunity to talk to her kid in an interesting setting. Just think of all the lessons and knowledge that could be passed on. Where does chicken come from? How are pickles made? Who grows the vegetables? Why do we use money? Etc. Instead, that poor kid's sponge of a mind is absorbing whatever is on that screen.

_Snake_

Established Member
When out with a bunch of people at dinner we like to play a game. We all take our phones out and stack them at the center of the table. First one to pick up their phone pays the bill.

I saw a young mom yesterday with what looked to be a 2 year old in a shopping cart at the grocery store yesterday. The kid was watching some video on an iPad. All I could think is that the mom is missing an opportunity to talk to her kid in an interesting setting. Just think of all the lessons and knowledge that could be passed on. Where does chicken come from? How are pickles made? Who grows the vegetables? Why do we use money? Etc. Instead, that poor kid's sponge of a mind is absorbing whatever is on that screen.

This x 1000.

Good friends raised their son the same way. Now he’s a freshman in high school and has no social skills. He’s anxious all the time and acts out more often than he should, to the extent that he’s damn close to going to a military school.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Amen. Dinner has been a no phone zone in our house for years. Eating out or at home it doesn't matter.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I sit next to my wife at restaurants. Always get a weird look from the staff. I only check my phone if it's something I want to show her.

just looked...and the album doesn't come out till the 20th, FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I sit next to my wife at restaurants. Always get a weird look from the staff. I only check my phone if it's something I want to show her.

just looked...and the album doesn't come out till the 20th, FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

You too? They look stupidified when i sit next to mine and we actually talk

Users who are viewing this thread