put different brand tires

cosa29

Established Member
buy a new pair of 255-35-20 nitto invo tires for the front and I sold a pair of michelin pilot sport used in 295-35-20 at $ 200 a pair in good condition are saying to put different brand tires

cstone94

Established Member
I'm not really sure what you're saying. You swapped out your Michilen PS2's for Nitto Invo's. Are you trying to sell your Michelin's?

cosa29

Established Member
I'm not really sure what you're saying. You swapped out your Michilen PS2's for Nitto Invo's. Are you trying to sell your Michelin's?
no sorry my English is bad, what I mean is that I have two 255-35-20 nitto invo tires to buy for my wheels am about order a pair of 295-35-20 nitto invo tires but there is a friend who sold me a michelin pilot sport tires my question is if it's okay to put different brand of tire

cstone94

Established Member
no sorry my English is bad, what I mean is that I have two 255-35-20 nitto invo tires to buy for my wheels am about order a pair of 295-35-20 nitto invo tires but there is a friend who sold me a michelin pilot sport tires my question is if it's okay to put different brand of tire

Ohh. So you're gonna run Nitto's on the front, and Michelin's on the rear? I personally don't like to have mix-matched treads and tires. But if you don't care and want to run 2 different brands then by all means! Michelin Pilot Sports are good tires! I've heard good reviews out of the Nitto Invo's as well!

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
I test and sell tires for a living.... so of course when its your profession its never a simple answer! I don't know the INVO tire, but am very familiar with the Michelin. I assume the NITTO is a SUMMER rubber. If its a summer rubber than no issue. . . . almost all summer tires are W and Y rated and 1 speed rating (assuming worst) apart with same tread type shouldn't hurt anything. However, if the NITTO is M+S (all season), even with the same speed rating its a big no no.

So summer and summer, matching tires on each axel you are good to go!

Users who are viewing this thread