Pushrod Length?

gtownkid

Established Member
I have a F4TE 351w from a '95 Lightning i am putting into my Fairmont and i need to know what the stock length of the pushrods are for the roller motors.

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
gtownkid said:
94/95 L have a roller cam, and that is what i have is a roller cam
None of the Lightnings have roller cams. The 94/95 and some late 93's (F4TE) are roller ready blocks, but no roller cam. I believe the pushrod length to run a roller cam in our trucks is 7.55" along with all the appropriate hardware and steel distributor gear.

Matt95L

Established Member
Yup first gens came with a pretty crappy flat tappet.96-97 F4TE 351s came with a roller cam though(7.567" 5/16 pushrods)

gtownkid

Established Member
ok i have a trickflow stage 3 cam (roller cam), ford motorsports roller lifters, and msd pro billet distributor for a efi 351w with roller cam, does all that seem correct? meaning i need 7.567 long pushrods?

Matt95L

Established Member
Yeah should be right but i'd still get an adjustable pushrod and check the length.Its allot easier than terring your motor down a second time if they're not right.

gtownkid

Established Member
Matt95L said:
Yeah should be right but i'd still get an adjustable pushrod and check the length.Its allot easier than terring your motor down a second time if they're not right.
i plan on checking but just wondering once you get it together how would you know they were wrong?

Matt95L

Established Member
Well if they were to long you'll get a valvetrain tick(Sewing machine like) or they just won't fit.If there to short you'll probally have a little play when setting up your rocker arms.

gtownkid

Established Member
Matt95L said:
Well if they were to long you'll get a valvetrain tick(Sewing machine like) or they just won't fit.If there to short you'll probally have a little play when setting up your rocker arms.
how much hp could i loose from them being wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread